which lab produce good quality negative scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenwei

Sep 6, 2002
Singapore
so far i only tried konota and it's JPEG 1800x1200, somehow I'm not very satisfied on the scanning quality, do you have any lab to recommend? ;)

btw, taiwan negative develop n scanning so cheap, half of our price only, and with additional small amount scanned pics are in TIFF... sob sob...

go to digital imaging at far east plaza, the bldg besides scotts. its a kodak shop.on the same level as the overhead bridge. their machine is noritsu. 4base abt 1mb, better colour n quality than frontier, my sentiments only.

kirk said:
go to digital imaging at far east plaza, the bldg besides scotts. its a kodak shop.on the same level as the overhead bridge. their machine is noritsu. 4base abt 1mb, better colour n quality than frontier, my sentiments only.
noted, btw, u hv scanned pic to show as sample?

Maybe you would like to explain more on this statement: "I'm not very satisfied on the scanning quality: Please define your Scanning quality.

SMC said:
Maybe you would like to explain more on this statement: "I'm not very satisfied on the scanning quality: Please define your Scanning quality.
ok, for example, i can see the dust on the scanned photos... not only once n one... btw, any ideas where got scanning to TIFF format? prefer center n west area..

kirk said:

Thats PP colourlab. 16base scan at S$8 per roll. not bad. did my scans there. printed A4 with home bubblejet output still ok.

yellow_kiwi said:
Thats PP colourlab. 16base scan at S$8 per roll. not bad. did my scans there. printed A4 with home bubblejet output still ok.
is it developed and cut into 6 strips or b4 cut?

yellow_kiwi said:
now patronising kex's cos nearer n cheaper.
arh... kex one v far, bedok... :( i think no choice but to accept the fact then, n most ppl using digital already lol~

chenwei said:
arh... kex one v far, bedok... :( i think no choice but to accept the fact then, n most ppl using digital already lol~

can drop by blk 85 for a bowl of famous bar chor mee too! thats the fate of film users like us ah! :sweatsm:

yellow_kiwi said:
can drop by blk 85 for a bowl of famous bar chor mee too! thats the fate of film users like us ah! :sweatsm:
lol... the travel cost for me i can just pay it to PP colourlab then. do u hv ur own film scanner? i wonder how's the shop scanning quality if compared to we scan using minolta dualscan or scanlite, or nikon scandual..

I personally prefer scans from my nikon coolscan 4 film scanner than the photo labs' scans.

Just that its a bit leychey if u have a lot to scan

Status
Not open for further replies.