Which is your recommended travel agency?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Generally looking for those with good time management. Planning England-France trip for next year.

if you want to see everything you want, and not let the tour agent dictate where to go.... then you should organize a free-and-easy trip

if you want to see everything you want, and not let the tour agent dictate where to go.... then you should organize a free-and-easy trip

I wonder if there is such thing as just go there and hire a local to take through all the places where i want to go and the places where only a local will know about.

Reportage said:
I wonder if there is such thing as just go there and hire a local to take through all the places where i want to go and the places where only a local will know about.

Join contiki and buy air ticket yourself. One of the best way to see Europe, and you will have a mix of nationalities in the group. They have many packages, can choose the one that suits you best.

Join contiki and buy air ticket yourself. One of the best way to see Europe, and you will have a mix of nationalities in the group. They have many packages, can choose the one that suits you best.

European Magic Tour — Europe — Contiki Tours

I find it hard to believe that its only US$1.3k....any hidden charges/conditions?

I used Contiki once many years when I still was well within the targeted age group, eg 18-35. They had various price points depending on the type of accommodation you choose, ranging from campsites to budget hotels. It's cheap for various reasons I think. One, entry fees to places of interests, optional activities etc are excluded. Two, price is for land package only, so not inclusive of airfare. Three, they seem to own n operate some of these budget accommodation. Four, they have volume, and so benefit from economies of scale. The good thing is the people in the tour group are all in the 18-35 age group, so no kids or old people to slow down the group. This is from my experience donkey years ago, so not sure if things have changed since.

But my advice is, if you are traveling in the off peak season, eg like fall/winter period, consider building your own free n easy itinerary. Quite easy to drive around. Alternatively, the train network is quite good generally in continental Europe, between England n France (Eurostar) n within France itself. It's a great way to experience the place. I used to just hunt around for accommodation every time I reached a new city or town. Or if you want to play safe book in advance, now easy to do through Internet with travel sites like trip advisor. Last time before the age of internet I had to go to each local tourist information office, get the info n make phone calls or ask the customer service to help make the reservations.

Last edited:
For a traditional travel agent with great prices and experience in digging out all sorts of alternative routing solutions try Muhibbah at Beach Rd
Many travel agents focus only on the most obvious solutions getting clients from Point A to Point B Eg SQ, TG, Cathay, Emirates, ANA and when these flights are full many will have no idea what to do next especially during peak seasons

Muhibbah saved my back-side more than a few times by thinking out of the box with weird connections when the obvious connections were full (during X'mas Eve, New Year's Eve, Easter and Thanksgiving holidays etc etc)..... sure there was the trouble of transits and time wasted connecting to other flight(s) .... but it still got me there and back in the end

Then book a local land tour with the right itinerary

Last edited: