which is your preferred budget airline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried Jetstar from Sg to HK........ not bad....

i tried Jetstar from Sg to HK........ not bad....

HK is not part of SEA.

anyway, i've tried Jetstar to Cambodia. not too bad. got more legroom in between seats. Air Asia quite cram.

Jetstar for my trips to Bangkok. Also only airline with 20kg luggage. With Tigerairways you need to top up $$ to get 20 kg which total cost may be more than Jetstar.

Jetstar for my trips to Bangkok. Also only airline with 20kg luggage. With Tigerairways you need to top up $$ to get 20 kg which total cost may be more than Jetstar.
You mean their pricing is without luggage allowance????

So, for 20KG, how much does one need to top up? Lets say for SIN-HKG-SIN flight?

HS

Flew both Jetstar and Tiger and neither of them provided a comfortable trip. The seats are so cramped... :sticktong

If really have pick one, it will be Tiger because of cheaper fare but their timings are mostly in the afternoon, meaning half a day gone...

Flew both Jetstar and Tiger and neither of them provided a comfortable trip. The seats are so cramped... :sticktong

If really have pick one, it will be Tiger because of cheaper fare but their timings are mostly in the afternoon, meaning half a day gone...

yah.. budget airline is like that

in my order of preference having flown with all three: Jet* > Tiger > AirAsia
and the costs is also in that order usually

You mean their pricing is without luggage allowance????

So, for 20KG, how much does one need to top up? Lets say for SIN-HKG-SIN flight?

HS

Tiger and Air Asia give you only 15 kg luggage allowance. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

15kg is okay if you don't plan to shop or you travel as a family or group where you may be able to do a group check-in. Some members in the group may have less than 15 kg luggage.

In my case, I usually depart from Singapore with already 14-15 kg!

Flew with Jetstar and Tiger, preferred Jetstar. More legroom.

tiger is out.

for budget airline, as long as it does not cancel flight / delay 5 hours with all passengers sitting inside and plane on the runway / tell you they overbooked and sorry you got no seat, lastly - crash and burn, then it is ok.

don't fuss over the lack of comfort if short flight. it is budget.

can we bring packet food from home or foodcourt to eat on board the plane ? :think:

are there any budget airlines to shanghai?
if so, how much is the price usually at ? (round trip ticket)

sorry out of touch with home...

nope, no direct budget flight to Shanghai..

only guangzhou, shenzhen ... hong kong and macau.

Just in case anybody is planning a photography trip, I have a Jetstar vouchers worth $500 (In Denominations $50) for sale. You need to redeem and travel by 30 June 08. No restriction on destination, You can use it for any destination that Jetstar covers. Redeem it online and pay the difference by HSBC credit card.

$450 for $500 worth of vouchers.

Kindly Email me at ivanwzm@gmail.com with your contact number to transact. Many thanks

Just in case anybody is planning a photography trip, I have a Jetstar vouchers worth $500 (In Denominations $50) for sale. You need to redeem and travel by 30 June 08. No restriction on destination, You can use it for any destination that Jetstar covers. Redeem it online and pay the difference by HSBC credit card.

$450 for $500 worth of vouchers.

Kindly Email me at ivanwzm@gmail.com with your contact number to transact. Many thanks

Ermm... S$450 for S$500 not very attractive really. Did you get them free?

If you can go lower than that, I'd be interested. PM'ed you my offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.