Which is the cheapest and smallest DSLR available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems no one mentioned 1000D, small and light. Never check it's market pricing, but should be petty cheap.

For 2nd hand, ive seen sony a100, 230 and minolta 5D going for $2xx.

Any idea how the Dynax 5 compares to the A230, considering that the Dynax 5 is Minolta's cream while A230 is Sony's entry level.

Any idea how the Dynax 5 compares to the A230, considering that the Dynax 5 is Minolta's cream while A230 is Sony's entry level.

You have good taste bro. The Dynax 5D should be going for around $300 but the features on the A230 seems to be better.

I kinda miss my Dynax 5D after I sold it. :(

Actually i find that the dynax 5D has better functions than a230 due to:

DoF preview button
Mirror lockup (important feature)
Release shutter without lens (enables aperture priority with mf lens)
These 3 features are not available in most entry level dslrs.
The 5D also has a dedicated ael button which is lacking in a230.

The advantage of a230 is higher resolution and a nicer lcd screen.

The minolta 5D becomes even more impressive when u compared it to other entry level dslrs.

It has build in drive motor and exposure bracketing (both not found in nikon entry levels), spot metering (canon 1000d don hv spot metering!), wireless flash commander (this function is usually found in semi pro models from canikon), build in image stabilizer....

Not bad for a $200 dslr if i may say.

Last edited:
Its always been going for $2xx in bns :)

Good to buy as a backup body (or use it as a teaching tool to teach beginners)

Actually i find that the dynax 5D has better functions than a230 due to:

DoF preview button
Mirror lockup (important feature)
Release shutter without lens (enables aperture priority with mf lens)
These 3 features are not available in most entry level dslrs.
The 5D also has a dedicated ael button which is lacking in a230.

The advantage of a230 is higher resolution and a nicer lcd screen.

The minolta 5D becomes even more impressive when u compared it to other entry level dslrs.

It has build in drive motor and exposure bracketing (both not found in nikon entry levels), spot metering (canon 1000d don hv spot metering!), wireless flash commander (this function is usually found in semi pro models from canikon), build in image stabilizer....

Not bad for a $200 dslr if i may say.

Thanks. Can see you have done extensive comparisons before. The Dynax 5D seems quite appealing. Do you know if it's crop factor is 1.5x or something else? I can live with the 6.1MP.

Thanks. Can see you have done extensive comparisons before. The Dynax 5D seems quite appealing. Do you know if it's crop factor is 1.5x or something else? I can live with the 6.1MP.

Yes its a 1.5x crop

I know I mentioned I am not looking for rangefinder as I know if I say otherwise, Leica will be mentioned. I came across this Epson R-D1s. Anyone knows the lens mount it accepts and have experience with it?

q082701.JPG

I know I mentioned I am not looking for rangefinder as I know if I say otherwise, Leica will be mentioned. I came across this Epson R-D1s. Anyone knows the lens mount it accepts and have experience with it?

q082701.JPG

Takes M mount and screw mount via adapter.
Pretty cool camera, but last I looked in BnS, it was not cheap. :(

It seems the thread is hijacked and topic seems to drifted far apart until what is the mount for RF camera.... -_-"

It seems the thread is hijacked and topic seems to drifted far apart until what is the mount for RF camera.... -_-"

no the thread is not hijacked. The search is still on for the smallest interchangeable digital camera. Just need to broaden the scope abit to see what else is available. :)

no the thread is not hijacked. The search is still on for the smallest interchangeable digital camera. Just need to broaden the scope abit to see what else is available. :)

How abt a film rangefinder + scan to CD?
Certainly cheap start up costs and future costs is controllable via usage. :)

How abt a film rangefinder + scan to CD?
Certainly cheap start up costs and future costs is controllable via usage. :)

no. the hassle to develop photos. I'll stick to digital. cheap dslr for rugged use.

Thread title wrote smallest and cheapest DSLR (No mirrorless or RF stated in TS first post), but now RF brought inside = hijack thread and pulling away from objective already.:think:

Thread title wrote smallest and cheapest DSLR (No mirrorless or RF stated in TS first post), but now RF brought inside = hijack thread and pulling away from objective already.:think:

Aiyo, he is the treadstarter so how to say he hijack his own track? He can ask whatever relevant question. As he is evaluating what camera to use it is fine for him to ask what mount etc. Or would you rather the TS start a new thread for each different question? :dunno:

Aiyo, he is the treadstarter so how to say he hijack his own track? He can ask whatever relevant question. As he is evaluating what camera to use it is fine for him to ask what mount etc. Or would you rather the TS start a new thread for each different question? :dunno:

You got a very valid point. That's why I avoid starting a new thread. Instead I would see the most appropriate thread and discuss from there. :)

KK, it is my fault...:(

Just that when posting a new thread, it helps when needed to use the search function to find a topic posted before.

Anyway I am curious why TS is interested in the epson:think:. When I saw it long ago, I did a search online thinking I chance upon a cheaper RF. Damn it cost 2k+ in second hand market:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.