Which is the best air-con in the market currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Due to the SUPER hot weather i have decided to install an aircon in my room. Which is currently one of the better brands out there? Would want one that is durable and energy-efficient. And where do you guys bought them from? Gaincity?

from an aircon repair man. National. So i trust him.

he repair too much fujistu already.

Any brand will do if you are getting for just your room. Get a higher wattage output so that it will cool your room faster.

IceCoolBeer said:
Any brand will do if you are getting for just your room. Get a higher wattage output so that it will cool your room faster.

higher wattage means burn more $$$...

zekai said:
from an aircon repair man. National. So i trust him.

he repair too much fujistu already.

hey thks zekai. hmm...national. wat abt mitshibishi starmex? Ya. higher wattage means more money. not true tt any brand will do. some realli hav probes over the long run.

Go for National cheap and good. Those of "National" brand are old stock which is on sales, they are changing to "Panasonic" for all new stock. Sanyo not bad too.

Cheers

lieu9310 said:
Go for National cheap and good. Those of "National" brand are old stock which is on sales, they are changing to "Panasonic" for all new stock. Sanyo not bad too.

Cheers

Almost all of the air-cons on the market today are no longer made in Japan - most are now made in Thailand.

Stick to brands like Sanyo (good after sales service), Daikin and Toshiba (compressors are still made in Japan). Toshiba is now part of the Carrier group.

Stay away from the likes of Samsung (very poor after sales service), McQuay.

More importantly - pay a good installer to do the installation. A bad installer can stuff up even the best aircon on the market.

i have already lived for 25 years without aircon at home lehz :bsmilie:

Mitshibishi Starmex from GainCity :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Silent and very cooling. I only need to set temperature @ 26 degrees to be cold. Takes only 10mins to cool down the whole room.

IceCoolBeer said:

Produce more heat outside.....!!!!! In turn makes the environment warmer!!!....

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

rgds,
me

National/Panasonic and Starmex are good buys.

STAY AWAY FROM CARRIER!!!! I have been dealing with tons of aircons and carrier split units are problem stuff. But their packaged units are good. Dun think you guys use packaged units anyway. :D

We used to have a Daikin system in the house. That reached end of its life about 5 years ago. Installed a National system and it ran alright till recently, the unit in my room started to leak regularly. Time for maintenance I think.

wind said:
Due to the SUPER hot weather i have decided to install an aircon in my room. Which is currently one of the better brands out there? Would want one that is durable and energy-efficient. And where do you guys bought them from? Gaincity?

Spoken with my brother’s friend, an air-con repairman who was here recently to repair my air-con, about air-con thingy. According to him, Sanyo is a very reliable brand as he had hardly encountered any broken Sanyo in his daily dealings. National and other Jap brands are also quite reliable. His advise to those buying an air-con is to avoid Carrier and those with inverter technology. He said that even those air-con dealers would advise their customers not to get Carrier but opt for a Jap brand. Inverter technology air-con, though save on electricy, costs more than the normal type and are costly to repair if breaks down. While a normal air-con can still function if one of the split unit is down, the whole inverter air-con system might knock out if there is any fault in any of the unit. Besides, inverter air-con contain electronic chip boards which can cost a few hundred dollars each to replace. So, whatever you saved on your electricity bills may not be enough to pay for the extra bucks you paid when you bought the air-con and repairs.

NiVleK said:
National/Panasonic and Starmex are good buys.

STAY AWAY FROM CARRIER!!!! I have been dealing with tons of aircons and carrier split units are problem stuff. But their packaged units are good. Dun think you guys use packaged units anyway. :D

That is wat my colleague say so. Her's is carrier and she say it is damn noisy.
Mine is Sanyo, so far ok. Set at 26degree already very cool liao.

Daikin is a gd brand, but slightly more expensive then sanyo

mm.....i no choice but too use sanyo......comes with the apartment.....but its working fine....no problem with it so far....no leakage even after 4 years of use.....my old place uses daikin.....leak after 2 years :thumbsd: ......

Mine is Carrier, and it is VERY noisy. Well, it is already 10 years old, the last time the Carrier man came to service, they keep persuading me to change to a new set.

Nobody said:
Mine is Carrier, and it is VERY noisy. Well, it is already 10 years old, the last time the Carrier man came to service, they keep persuading me to change to a new set.

If u are changing, don't go for Carrier or those with inverter technology. Get a Sanyo or any other Jap brand. You won't go wrong with it.

redstorm said:
Besides, inverter air-con contain electronic chip boards which can cost a few hundred dollars each to replace. So, whatever you saved on your electricity bills may not be enough to pay for the extra bucks you paid when you bought the air-con and repairs.

Even normal electronic cards cost a bomb. If an obsolete aircon has the card spoilt, I will say throw it away. The money you need to spend to get a new card can be used to get an entire set of aircon and it has warranty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.