Which is most effective in cutting down body fats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble with the "Eat fewer calories than you expend" myth is that it assumes that your bodies energy output remains constant. The fact is, if you start to drastically reduce your calorie intake, your body will respond by at first by losing weight but after a while, it will go into starvation mode and you will start to feel tired as your body will hold back on the energy it allows you. In the end, you will start to gain weight again as your body will start to think "hey, I'm not getting enough food here, I'd better start storing some fat to keep me going."

If you really want to lose weight, you should do a complete detox and then maintain a raw food diet for as long as possible. Exercise is great for your health but if you really want to lose weight, it comes down to diet and by 'diet' I mean WHAT you eat, not how much you eat.

agreed
but calories also got good and bad, same as fats

used to maintain a 40/40/20 3500 calories intake sometime back
i am skinny .. but really i did gain some good weights

i think our body is really strange thing, i can eat rubbish and i don put on any weight
once i put on the good but boring food , hit the gym 2-3 times week i grow
i think is fun . i am not a BB-er , like to party and drink beer too :bsmilie:

Indeed, FS is not SS, but the fundamentals of biochemistry are the same.

I blame Eng Han Seng and other PE teachers for my hatred of interval training btw.

Ctrl Alt Del, in the previous thread, which for some reason has spawned this thread, I mentioned liposuction. Fantastic way of lightening both you and the wallet!

interval training strengthens muscles? :bigeyes::bigeyes:

food science =/= sports science thx

interval training's primary function is to improve v02 max ; that's aerobic capacity and is closely linked to sports performance, many coaches at all levels in singapore use it these days; internationally as well.

and wikipedia cites the below, and even has studies to back it up, go drive yourself crazy with misguided research. point of view is one thing, being sciolistic is another. your scientific pov is way old-school, and has been discarded maybe in the mid 1990s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_training

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/abstract/102/4/1439

http://jp.physoc.org/cgi/content/ab...INDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&resourcetype=HWCIT

from a long-term and balanced point of view, preserving muscle mass is good for maintaining your metabolic rate, and thus, prevents fat gain.

Input = output

If u don't have much time,can try squat or burpee , do it quick,try to get most number during time limit for squat, burpee do in decreasing set ,20-19-18-17....1. Google for burpee workout, need to do quick,not 1 minute one squat :D But take care of ur knee also. And actually, build some muscle can help burn fat faster .

Listen to depressing music... helps a lot. LOL!

1. Katy Perry - Hot N Cold
2. Can - Vitamin C
3. Isaac Hayes - Shaft
4. Korean Boy Karaoke Fail - Tuts My Barreh

Go for ippt once a week for 1 whole year, confirm become skeleton...

1. have more sex

2. take a straw and stab into ur fats to drain ur fats away:cool:

wah recently alot of people digging up old threads..............
:think:

if you are looking for a workout regimen that you can do regularly together with proper diet, wherein you can loose the most fat percentage... try working out with mixed martial arts guys... yep! am talking bout those kind of guys that fights inside the cage... their training regimen will kick most of the fats out of your system! i personally can loose about a pound or more within one day of training (1.5hours at the most excluding 5minutes of sparring before calling it a day)... combined with the right diet, and proper sleep, you can see a drastic change within two to three weeks! no fat burners involved ok?:) stay healthy!

From a purely scientific POV, most effective is extreme long distance running where you don't feel tired. This is because the main fuel used for such exertions are fatty acids, produced via lipolysis of your TAG in your adipose tissue (er fats). People who talk about interval training, weight training and all that are misguided if they think these are effective in fat-burning, these are mainly used to strengthen muscles what.

This is dejavu but I'm pretty sure we just talked about it in another thread.

But the easiest way is to order liposuction.
:thumbsup:
you CPT?

1. Running or Jogging - the most cal/hr, but most straining (load bearing). Almost always constrained to 1-2hr due to the load bearing issues. Ironically, loading bearing in moderation is good for joints/bones.

2. Weight lifting - WORST of the lot. Unless you supplement w/ Hydrocut or Ma Huang :devil:

3. Swimming - Good! But behind running in cal/hr. Not load bearing so can go longer. Different intensity to running (usually easier). Almost always within 1-1.5hr non-stop for most mortals. Can be boring as hell repeating this in the pool.

4. Walking - cal/hr is low. Need quite a bit of time. Good thing is that its lightly load bearing (good for strong joint/bones).

5. Cycling - Good! almost the same intensity and cal/hr as running. unfortunately not load bearing (for joint benefits), but because of this, can go on for many hours. Cycling is probably best considering that it burns as much cal/hr as running, but can go on longer.

6. Sleeping - In a COMA w/o eating for a couple of days ..... then YES :thumbsup:

7. Skating - look at beach babes, and burn more calories with accelerated heart rate. Not too bad and activity actually and low weight bearing. I would rate it real close to running and next to swimming

8. Badminton - Good fun. Highly unlikely to be long duration/daily. Lower cal/hr expenditure, since intensity level varies thought the game (pick shuttle cork, serve, etc)

Then again weight loss is a input < output equation. So regardless, intake must at the end of everyday be moderately lower than output.

Status
Not open for further replies.