Which is more important to you?

Whic is more important?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaimig

Oct 30, 2002
Central
Both are important. But to choose one, with bigger aperture is best as if reguire additional focal lenght, you can add the tele-convertor.

Cheers.:cool:

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by suhaimig
Both are important. But to choose one, with bigger aperture is best as if reguire additional focal lenght, you can add the tele-convertor.

Cheers.:cool:
Same here. Fast lens is more impt to me but they dun come cheap.

1 fast lens can sometimes get u 3 slower lens. :)

SzennyBoy

Mar 3, 2002
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
Don't forget that the larger the focal length coverage in one single zoom lens the more compromise there will be in that lense's optical/mechanical design, especially the case in a standard consumer lens. Not so apparent in the "pro-lens" category but you have to pay $$$ to reduce that compromise!

boochap

Feb 12, 2002
sg - bukit ho swee
www.geocities.com
isn't this a basic photography knowldege?

fast lenses are fanciful, but slow aperure take the best landscape photographs....whatta heck of buying a super fast f1.2 lens for scenery shots??? and how do u use a slow aperture to shot fast object without affect image sharpness??? :rbounce:

it all depends on the circumstances, and what u want your pix to look like.

i thought there should be no stupid question....but i think this one is quite stupid. :rbounce:

nhyone

Mar 22, 2002
Singapore
web.singnet.com.sg
The poll results are different from what I observe in real life. More prefer fast lens? But I have the impression people stop at f/2.8 zoom lenses. :D

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by boochap

fast lenses are fanciful, but slow aperure take the best landscape photographs....whatta heck of buying a super fast f1.2 lens for scenery shots??? and how do u use a slow aperture to shot fast object without affect image sharpness??? :rbounce:

i thought there should be no stupid question....but i think this one is quite stupid. :rbounce:
You normally stop down to at least f11 for lanscape shot.. There are other shot too. Not just landscape shot.

A f2.8 lens are sharper at f5.6 than a f5.6 lens at f5.6. Not too sure if you got what i mean.

The fast lens is brighter wehn you look thru the viewfinder. This is esp important for man of old age like me. :)

Abt the stupid question. You dun have to be so hard on yourself. You could call yourself ignorant but not stupid. That's not a nice way to call yourself.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by nhyone
The poll results are different from what I observe in real life. More prefer fast lens? But I have the impression people stop at f/2.8 zoom lenses. :D
Err.. f2.8 is consider fast lens. 300f4 is also quite fast but not 50/f1.8.(this is just normal speed)

It is in relationship to th focal length.

suhaimig

Oct 30, 2002
Central

It is ok to be stupid but not be ignorant and stupid.:D

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
The picture is more important to me :)

Fast lens or comprehensive zoom? Narr... it is the final picture that counts and matters me the most ;)

e_liau

Oct 29, 2002
New York
Visit site

It's the optical construction that gives the quality attributes such as resolution, color reproduction, sharpness etc. Besides the f-number, there are other technical details that a professional photographer has to take note of his lens when talking photos.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Welcome to Clubsnap!

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by jasphotography
The picture is more important to me :)

Fast lens or comprehensive zoom? Narr... it is the final picture that counts and matters me the most ;)
Of course.. It all boils down to the pic, isn't it.. Unless u are an equipment collector.

But which one will let you get the pic u wanted?

I know it is nice to have a 15-500 /1.0 lens that weight only 1Kg and a lenth of less than 30cm.

It's not gonna happens... So we compromise due o the weight and money.

Originally posted by e_liau
It's the optical construction that gives the quality attributes such as resolution, color reproduction, sharpness etc. Besides the f-number, there are other technical details that a professional photographer has to take note of his lens when talking photos.
actually, if u are already a professional by your very own class and standard and style, why would you bother what other professionals do to take their photographs??
on the other hand, if u are not professional, then you are not a professional....be it resolution, color reproduction, sharpness, f-number, or whatever the crap attributes...they just wouldnt make u a professional. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom