which is more important ? High Salary or Work Environment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
hi all, didn't want to do a poll (as there already many).

the new year is here and the job market is rock solid good.. and i was thinking to earn more income.... however current work environment is peaceful and colleagues are nice.. cannot bear to give up such but also need more money ....any advice for me ?

do u all feel that high salary is very important or nice job environment ? :think:

1. job prospect
2. salary
3. environment

job prospect is important to me, if still young, i think it is ok to try out different jobs for more exposure to value-add yourself, so no point stuck in the same company for years even if the paid is good and your responsibility never change much.

How do you know your next job environment is not comparable to current? I feel if the pay justify the jump, just do it. Or you can negotiate with your current employer to give you a raise.

i heard some people stay years in a single job... becos the boss and colleagues are nice.. they end up like a family.. new year visit each other..

some frens of mine changed jobs to get better pay... end up with stupid bosses who call them day and night.. even 3am or 4am to do some urgent reports.

:sweat:

1. job prospect
2. salary
3. environment
i sec this, btw, anyone got job lobang here? i 16 waiting for result, want to find a job and experience the toughness of earning

Everything have a price.

Will the pay difference pay for the differences in your life, not only work.

i sec this, btw, anyone got job lobang here? i 16 waiting for result, want to find a job and experience the toughness of earning

then no one will hire you cause you are just trying out...

have been working in current company since 'o' level..

if u ask if i feel stupid ?? YES..

money not good, but working environment good...

have been working in current company since 'o' level..

if u ask if i feel stupid ?? YES..

money not good, but working environment good...

how abt job prospect? that's why i rate it #1

it is ok to stay on if the company value your contribution, not only in terms of pay rise, but whether they will send u for courses to equip you for more challenges and push you to supervising/management level.

it is important as i dont think u want to do similar job and stay in the same level until the day you retire. if you dont upgrade yourself and borden your experience, one day if the company decided to retrench you, you wont be able to find a job outside when you become older

i go for more pay,

environment can change , and when it changes will it catch u off guard , have more money just makes the change a bit more bearable.

depends on your age

for young person, i think $$$ and career propsect more impt as they must earn as much and climb as high while young. and they can endure lousy or harsh environment well, adaptable.

when older, then work environment more impt - get welfare, treatment for elders etc. can u imagine older people working in a harsh competitive environment where people stab here and there?

depends on your age

for young person, i think $$$ and career propsect more impt as they must earn as much and climb as high while young. and they can endure lousy or harsh environment well, adaptable.

when older, then work environment more impt - get welfare, treatment for elders etc. can u imagine older people working in a harsh competitive environment where people stab here and there?

This I agree very much.

Young =<40 ??
Old >41 ??

the new year is here and the job market is rock solid good.. and i was thinking to earn more income.... however current work environment is peaceful and colleagues are nice.. cannot bear to give up such but also need more money ....any advice for me ?

do u all feel that high salary is very important or nice job environment ? :think:

depends on your age

I second your opinion!

For me , learning is Also more impt in any job. If the learning curve is becoming stangnant, I quit. Again it depends on individuals.I hate to do the same routine stuff everyday!

For a person who can adopt to change, easy going, fast learning can go with any kind'a environment along with the wallet size increasing! ;) I've wrked in Supply chain/CRM,Marketing Analytics and Banking industries (for Datamining/Datawarehousing-IT). On my experience, Age and money goes hand in hand! you can shift your job once in two years when you are in 50's!

Once you have learnt enough about industries/technologies/people/management/policies/methodologies/WHATEVER- then you can settle down in a good environment practicing the BEST outta the above - to shape yourself better in the orgn!

remember - 'Make Hay when sun Shines' :)

Cheerz
Get

best is a balance of both.

you cant do away either one.:)

Same questions popped up to me .... I have a group of very nice colleagues (usually best when not talking about work :bsmilie:) and a nice boss who is a mentor to me. I'm in this company for many many yearssss.... too comfortable..and that's not good.

If you ask me whether I like this company? My answer is a definite NO. My pay really suxxx and that is the main reason why I'm looking for a new job. Even then, it's difficult for me to get a new job with good pay/ the pay I think I am worth. Reason is simple. My current pay is low, not easy to have a huge salary increment. This is so frustrating.... ;(

To tell u the truth, the fear is there ... new environment, new people, new way of working ...
But if I don't step out of my comfort zone, I'll get no where....

Anyway, I've seen enough lorr... loyalty doesn't pay. Better to think for yourself or your pocket. :p

So anyone got lobang for me? Heeeee ....

Same questions popped up to me .... I have a group of very nice colleagues (usually best when not talking about work :bsmilie:) and a nice boss who is a mentor to me. I'm in this company for many many yearssss.... too comfortable..and that's not good.

If you ask me whether I like this company? My answer is a definite NO. My pay really suxxx and that is the main reason why I'm looking for a new job. Even then, it's difficult for me to get a new job with good pay/ the pay I think I am worth. Reason is simple. My current pay is low, not easy to have a huge salary increment. This is so frustrating.... ;(

To tell u the truth, the fear is there ... new environment, new people, new way of working ...
But if I don't step out of my comfort zone, I'll get no where....

Anyway, I've seen enough lorr... loyalty doesn't pay. Better to think for yourself or your pocket. :p

So anyone got lobang for me? Heeeee ....

come to think of it, changing job is heng or suay gamble. Take for example, i got a fren who once got into a new job with pay jump of 50%. Sad to say, her new boss was a crazy man. He banged his laptop, threw his phone and talks nonsenses to himself when very stressed out, he surf prono sites in office secretly and often wander around female colleagues' cubicles late at night. In work, always blame others and argue he is right... and whenever a pretty female colleague walked past, he will smile cheeky.. pretending to be extra-friendly. Yes.. the new pay is high but the boss is definitely a big NO.

Everyone has different needs and everyone takes on a job for differenet reasons and priority. If its pay that is your priority, then you should sacrifice something to get it. Depends on what is your priority bro.

For me, job is like a business deal, afterall we are all like slaves..... got to see boss face everyday. He happy, we happy. He pissed, we are DEAD!! Ultimately, be contented with what u have and stay happy and healthy, this is the most important. But if you have a family, then I think $$$ will still rules....... cheers!:D

I think work environment is the most important :). I resigned because of the environment there. It gets more and more unbearable day by day ...

Followed by prospects then $$$. If got prospects = $$$ increase?

Anyone got lobang?

Status
Not open for further replies.