Which is better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

casanova

Jun 20, 2004
ASIA
gallery.clubsnap.com
Hi, a friend of mine is about to upgrade to a prosumer digital camera and have these 2 models on mind : the Fuji S9500 and the OM C8080... asking me for advise! Beside the useful zoom range of S9500, these 2 camera can really out perform each other one way or another... can anyone give me more detail advise regarding about this issue!

Thanks in advance
;)

For image quality, the C8080WZ wins hands down and it has the BEST optical quality and one of the fastest lenses among all prosumers in the market.

What is going for the S9500 is the better high ISO performance and longer reach of the lens which is 28mm~300mm vs the C8080WZ's 28mm~140mm.

Also, the Olympus has TTL flash hotshoe while the Fujifilm uses a dumb hotshoe so take that into account if an external flash is desired for indoor shooting.

tao said:
For image quality, the C8080WZ wins hands down and it has the BEST optical quality and one of the fastest lenses among all prosumers in the market.

What is going for the S9500 is the better high ISO performance and longer reach of the lens which is 28mm~300mm vs the C8080WZ's 28mm~140mm.

Also, the Olympus has TTL flash hotshoe while the Fujifilm uses a dumb hotshoe so take that into account if an external flash is desired for indoor shooting.

Thanks for your info... ;)

tao said:

besides that the oly has better build and realli good image quality... the fuji does have manual zoom ring, but the evf still abit laggy....

imo the oly is a 'fuller' system also as it also has full ttl support and optional vertical grip and remote shutter...

hammer_400 said:
besides that the oly has better build and realli good image quality... the fuji does have manual zoom ring, but the evf still abit laggy....

1 more point to note... thanks for your info ;)

casanova said:
Hi, a friend of mine is about to upgrade to a prosumer digital camera and have these 2 models on mind : the Fuji S9500 and the OM C8080... asking me for advise! Beside the useful zoom range of S9500, these 2 camera can really out perform each other one way or another... can anyone give me more detail advise regarding about this issue!

Thanks in advance
;)

not very meaningful to ask within oly forum whether oly cam or other brand cam is better
have seen similar posts in other threads by others; like (I think) e.g. asking within Canon thread "is nikon model xx better than canon model yy"

can you go to mercedes showroom and ask the salesmen there "is bmw or mercedes better?"
what kind of answer do you expect?
so is this meaningful?

The C8080 supports external TTL Flash while the Fuji only support auto flash.

Handled the S9500 2 days ago, it feels and look more like a DSLR than C8080, but the feel is a bit plasticky.

Nevertheless, the S9500 covers a very good focal length range from 28-300mm.

ykkok said:
The C8080 supports external TTL Flash while the Fuji only support auto flash.

Handled the S9500 2 days ago, it feels and look more like a DSLR than C8080, but the feel is a bit plasticky.

Nevertheless, the S9500 covers a very good focal length range from 28-300mm.

Thanks for your info ;)

ricohflex said:
not very meaningful to ask within oly forum whether oly cam or other brand cam is better
have seen similar posts in other threads by others; like (I think) e.g. asking within Canon thread "is nikon model xx better than canon model yy"

can you go to mercedes showroom and ask the salesmen there "is bmw or mercedes better?"
what kind of answer do you expect?
so is this meaningful?

Oic, if that's the case... where should you recommend for this post to be in order to get a "meaningful" feedback :think:

casanova said:
Oic, if that's the case... where should you recommend for this post to be in order to get a "meaningful" feedback :think:

maybe "others"
or "general, review, techtalk"

Maybe.........Hmmmmm...............:think: :think:

I doubt i can find one without any bias from any party. I would post to both the Fuji and Olympus forum. Look up for those constructive advice at the repective forum and ignore those that offer "ONLY" -ve view on the other party products. :D

Btw, am not interested to get involve in any (N or C) war of words. :lovegrin:

kktan said:
Maybe.........Hmmmmm...............:think: :think:

I doubt i can find one without any bias from any party. I would post to both the Fuji and Olympus forum. Look up for those constructive advice at the repective forum and ignore those that offer "ONLY" -ve view on the other party products. :D

Thanks, I've done that so hopefully will have more professional advise and views ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.