Which is better...?

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Nowaday, I would address all female helpers at food court and at hawker centre, Xiao Jie instead of aunty...

I get better serving and better service...

Nowaday, I would address all female helpers at food court and at hawker centre, Xiao Jie instead of aunty...

That depends on your age,

if you call them "Da Jie", either you might be even better services or they throw the table cleaning cloth at you.

Also depend on where you actually are. If you are in some parts of China, you address someone Xiao Jie, they would either ignore you totally, give you black face or scold you... because to them Xiao Jie means prostitute.

You try that at China, you got a angry face or slap. Xiao mei is what they prefer for those younger than you and da jie or jie jie if they older. Cause xiao jie for those working in or at night club.

if you call them "Da Jie", either you might be even better services or they throw the table cleaning cloth at you.
Which is an attack with a biologically hazardous object .. :bsmilie: Good reason to avoid such addressing..

In Geylang if you address the goodtime ladies Xie Mei Mei you'll get better after-sale service and extended warranty. :bsmilie:

That depends on your age,

All young and senior, I think they want to be known as Xiao Jie.. just try!

In Geylang if you address the goodtime ladies Xie Mei Mei you'll get better after-sale service and extended warranty. :bsmilie:

...speaking from years of extensive experience? ;)

You try that at China, you got a angry face or slap. Xiao mei is what they prefer for those younger than you and da jie or jie jie if they older. Cause xiao jie for those working in or at night club.

U are right.. I was warned by the tour guide when in China! Sigh.. culture????

U are right.. I was warned by the tour guide when in China! Sigh.. culture????

Not really culture, a way to address each other. Woman is very petty kind of creature. You try to call a woman, who is few years older than you, married and with kid, AUNTY. See what kind of reaction they giving you back. They want to be exactly what they are or if you know their names, better use it.
They don't want to be old or low graded, they want to be what they are. :D

i always call them: zha bo

I have nothing to loose...

it is free and it makes a person happy.. she is younger although she once was..

... yes Xiao Jie!