Which is BETTER small Digital Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d3d

Dec 15, 2003
Nikon P6000 or Panasonic LX3 or Ricoh GX200 or Canon G10?

I have the P6000 and the LX3... frankly speaking, I prefer the Panasonic LX3.
LX3 has a better colour, and it has a wider lens for general purpose shooting.

Is the G10 already released in Spore? Price?

Another question is will me Canon Speedlite 420EX work with a G10?

this question, you might wanna ask in canon sub-section.

Panasonic LX3... super wide plus f2 lens....
worth every cent....
very vibrant colours too !!

This is a nikon forum, might wanna try Canon forum or Newbie's corner, maybe even consumers as you have multiple brands in your first post.

I'm partial towards the GX200 as I own the GX100 myself. Yeah, the LX3 wins in high ISO noise performance and slightly better technical specs (720p movie recording + f2 lens) but I think the user controls on the Ricoh are unparalleled for a compact PnS. It has twin command dials that lets you adjust aperture and shutter speed quickly and easily - even the D60 is missing one and you'll need to press the exposure button to do so! If the joystick on the LX3 is configured such that Left/Right = aperture and Up/Down = shutter speed, then it's still not that "bad" compared with the Ricoh. Sadly that's not the case.

With all those being said, I have to admit that I dig the exposure compensation dial on the G10. :p Otherwise, that's it. I don't see why people like the G10 or Nikon's P-series when Ricoh and Panasonic can deliver something similar in a smaller and lighter package.

Last edited:
Wow!

Didn't notice so such users of LX3..... The nikon P6000 is bad?
No plus points?

I'm using D300....to learn another brand's operation and functions... tricky.

The LX3 is bad in the sense that it has a bad sensor. I would suggest that you give it a skip. You can give the GX200 a skip as well. I would say that it is a straight fight between the P6000 and G10. The only downsides I can think of from a Nikon user's perspective is the white dots I keep seeing in some samples on PC Watch. Not sure if reading the RAW file format is a problem.

Yes have being selling at about $880 just play with it at Cathay Photo. Good Cam:thumbsup:

Thom Hogan just posted a comparison review between the P6000, G10 and the LX3. Check it out here.

Out of the 3, he doesn't recommend the Nikon at all. Guess Nikon simply makes better DSLRs then compacts.

Thom Hogan just posted a comparison review between the P6000, G10 and the LX3. Check it out here.

Out of the 3, he doesn't recommend the Nikon at all. Guess Nikon simply makes better DSLRs then compacts.

Obviously.. They want the DSLR to sell.. For about the same price you could get the D40 Kit.. Then they can sell you the lenses.. ;p

Obviously.. They want the DSLR to sell.. For about the same price you could get the D40 Kit.. Then they can sell you the lenses.. ;p

LOL.. that's one way to look at it.. glass half full.. but seriously, Nikon could and should do better with their compacts.. you never know how many users will take the step up to DSLRs in the future and be influenced by the compacts they use.. I can imagine Sony benefiting a lot from these type of users..

LOL.. that's one way to look at it.. glass half full.. but seriously, Nikon could and should do better with their compacts.. you never know how many users will take the step up to DSLRs in the future and be influenced by the compacts they use.. I can imagine Sony benefiting a lot from these type of users..

Yeah.. I was quite disappointed with the Coolpix lineup, so I switched to Fujifilm instead. So far they still have the bigger sensor among the compacts.

The LX3 is bad in the sense that it has a bad sensor.

Don't know what you mean by the LX3 having a bad sensor. Have not read the test reports listed in this forum yet but my LX3 produces wonderfull photographs. Better than what I'd expect for a compact point and shoot camera so much so that its taking over from my D3 as my camera of choice for family snaps/baby pics - more so for it combination of handiness (its more often with me than the D3 is when picture opportunities occur) and picture quality. Highly recommended as a backup camera for a DSLR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.