which is better Olympus C2040 or Coolpix 775


Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fcpga

Guest
#1
a friend getting a DC, but he prefer small and sleek plus functionality, like night shots, beautiful colours etc...

Which would you recommend?
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
#2
2040 cannot be considered small, try waiting for A40 or maybe get a S30
 

Z

zxspectrum

Guest
#3
both model on sale at BUY and SELL

check them out!
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by zxspectrum
both model on sale at BUY and SELL

check them out!
Until the newer DC models hit our shore.........

The Oly C-2040z wins hands down....no competition at all.

It can do whatever the Nikon Coolpix 775 do + some more.

Moreover, the $650 pricetag is not that much diff from that of the $600 Coolpix 775.

The onli saving grace of the 775 is its smaller size
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#5
Originally posted by hong
2040 cannot be considered small, try waiting for A40 or maybe get a S30
The S30 is quite heavy ;p

2 compact cameras with reasonably good night shot capabilites are F601Z and Olympus C-40. These cost much more though than the cameras mentioned .
 

A

Altec

Guest
#6
The Coolpix going for $510 + 32 Mb + extra Li ion battery if you are a UOB card holder.
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
#7
Originally posted by mpenza


The S30 is quite heavy ;p

2 compact cameras with reasonably good night shot capabilites are F601Z and Olympus C-40. These cost much more though than the cameras mentioned .
have you come across any review on F601Z, you may want to share it with us, i am also interested in F601Z, becoz as mentioned in another thread, it is relatively cheap
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
#8
Originally posted by Altec
The Coolpix going for $510 + 32 Mb + extra Li ion battery if you are a UOB card holder.
wah lor, so cheap another other camera on offer, i just cancelled mi uob card :( however i still got mi oub card, not sure can or not
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#9
Originally posted by Altec
The Coolpix going for $510 + 32 Mb + extra Li ion battery if you are a UOB card holder.
wah seh. UOB sure has good offers :) no such things for my cards though :(
 

hong

New Member
Feb 4, 2002
426
0
0
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by mpenza


wah seh. UOB sure has good offers :) no such things for my cards though :(
just apply lor, first year free :)
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#11
Originally posted by Altec
The Coolpix going for $510 + 32 Mb + extra Li ion battery if you are a UOB card holder.
That little bit of saving cannot make up for the poorer image quality....jaggies and stuffs.....anyway, as quoted from some DC review sites.
 

F

fcpga

Guest
#12
Originally posted by hong


just apply lor, first year free :)
you need to pay for the annual subscription to buy the camera, no first year free.
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#13
Originally posted by fcpga


you need to pay for the annual subscription to buy the camera, no first year free.
In that case LPPL ah....after paying subscription then price abt the same as those in the retail mkt liao. :p
 

franciskc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
560
0
0
40
Earth
#14
Good is inversely proportion to small... kekekeke...
:light:
 

A

Altec

Guest
#15
Originally posted by Jayan


In that case LPPL ah....after paying subscription then price abt the same as those in the retail mkt liao. :p
For new members subscribing to the UOB card, the price of the Nikon 775 is $360.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom