which is better Olympus C2040 or Coolpix 775

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fcpga

a friend getting a DC, but he prefer small and sleek plus functionality, like night shots, beautiful colours etc...

Which would you recommend?

2040 cannot be considered small, try waiting for A40 or maybe get a S30

both model on sale at BUY and SELL

check them out!

Originally posted by zxspectrum
both model on sale at BUY and SELL

check them out!

Until the newer DC models hit our shore.........

The Oly C-2040z wins hands down....no competition at all.

It can do whatever the Nikon Coolpix 775 do + some more.

Moreover, the $650 pricetag is not that much diff from that of the $600 Coolpix 775.

The onli saving grace of the 775 is its smaller size

Originally posted by hong
2040 cannot be considered small, try waiting for A40 or maybe get a S30

The S30 is quite heavy ;p

2 compact cameras with reasonably good night shot capabilites are F601Z and Olympus C-40. These cost much more though than the cameras mentioned .

The Coolpix going for $510 + 32 Mb + extra Li ion battery if you are a UOB card holder.

Originally posted by mpenza

The S30 is quite heavy ;p

2 compact cameras with reasonably good night shot capabilites are F601Z and Olympus C-40. These cost much more though than the cameras mentioned .

have you come across any review on F601Z, you may want to share it with us, i am also interested in F601Z, becoz as mentioned in another thread, it is relatively cheap

Originally posted by Altec
The Coolpix going for $510 + 32 Mb + extra Li ion battery if you are a UOB card holder.

wah lor, so cheap another other camera on offer, i just cancelled mi uob card :( however i still got mi oub card, not sure can or not

wah seh. UOB sure has good offers :) no such things for my cards though :(

Originally posted by mpenza

wah seh. UOB sure has good offers :) no such things for my cards though :(

just apply lor, first year free :)

That little bit of saving cannot make up for the poorer image quality....jaggies and stuffs.....anyway, as quoted from some DC review sites.

Originally posted by hong

just apply lor, first year free :)

you need to pay for the annual subscription to buy the camera, no first year free.

Originally posted by fcpga

you need to pay for the annual subscription to buy the camera, no first year free.

In that case LPPL ah....after paying subscription then price abt the same as those in the retail mkt liao. :p

Good is inversely proportion to small... kekekeke...
:light:

Originally posted by Jayan

In that case LPPL ah....after paying subscription then price abt the same as those in the retail mkt liao. :p

For new members subscribing to the UOB card, the price of the Nikon 775 is $360.

Status
Not open for further replies.