Which is better? Oly E330 or E300??

Status
Not open for further replies.

slypower50

May 6, 2007
Hi all .. which one is better for a newbie? thanks.

Firstly, what is your reason for getting either E330 or E300 or any other DSLR for this matter? I believe we can help you better if we know what photos you take. :) And also budget.

Firstly, what is your reason for getting either E330 or E300 or any other DSLR for this matter? I believe we can help you better if we know what photos you take. :) And also budget.

Hi, i am just starting on DSLR and my budget will not be exceeding $700.. know is not much to get a solid DSLR but just want to try out slightly on DSLR. As for photos i don't have specific.. may consider general for now.. thanks for the quick reply bro.

Both are solid machines, both in build and function.

E330 is a newer model, 0.5 mgpix less, has live view + articulated LCD.Useful for macro, odd angles, stealth.

E300 has the solid kodak ccd which some prefer for its colour(subjective).

For $700 you could get the E300 easily 2nd hand from the Buy & Sell.

For me I would get the E330. You could do so much more with it. You could get one 2nd hand for a little more than your budget or bump it up a few hundred bucks and order it off the net. Firesale now for the E330 on some US online stores.

$700 is definitely insufficient for a new DSLR. So I 2nd hand one from this forum's B&S would be great. I'll just like to ask you, why go for a Olympus? LOL. A E-300 to be specific. It has already been discontinued.

Both are solid machines, both in build and function.

E330 is a newer model, 0.5 mgpix less, has live view + articulated LCD.Useful for macro, odd angles, stealth.

E300 has the solid kodak ccd which some prefer for its colour(subjective).

For $700 you could get the E300 easily 2nd hand from the Buy & Sell.

For me I would get the E330. You could do so much more with it. You could get one 2nd hand for a little more than your budget or bump it up a few hundred bucks and order it off the net. Firesale now for the E330 on some US online stores.
Thanks bro for the comment.. actually had arranged a viewing with one of the bro here for his E330.. hope able to deal it.. Personally also prefer the E330.
hope i did not make the wrong choice..
$700 is definitely insufficient for a new DSLR. So I 2nd hand one from this forum's B&S would be great. I'll just like to ask you, why go for a Olympus? LOL. A E-300 to be specific. It has already been discontinued.
Yupz.. looking for a second hand one.. know first hand not possible.. Why Olympus ar.. because i used to own serveral digital camera but i like the colour from Oly most.. also due to the budget i have.. seems like Oly will be a better choice...

Ok. I love Olympus colours too! :) Hope you will get the Olympus soon. Happy shooting.

(C & N will start swarming in soon. LOL.)

Ok. I love Olympus colours too! :) Hope you will get the Olympus soon. Happy shooting.

(C & N will start swarming in soon. LOL.)

haha.. thanks bro.. now still seriously thinking between this 2.. got offers from 2 bros regarding this 2 model.. haha.. what's C&N?

Get the E-330. E-300 has been discontinued.

Canon & Nikon. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.