Which is better Noise Ninja, Neat Image, Imagnomic Noiseware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Noise Ninja, as a plug-in in Photoshop CS. Got pretty good results with the standard setting but usually I'll lower the setting to suit my taste.

I only used neatimage and the thing I like is that the company lets you get all the upgraded versions since I got it like 2 years ago. EVen major revisions.

I only used neatimage and the thing I like is that the company lets you get all the upgraded versions since I got it like 2 years ago. EVen major revisions.

I 2nd that....I've both win and mac version

I prefer Noiseware, I've done some tests on the same photo using Noise Ninja, Neat Image, Noiseware.

In My Opinion
Noise Ninja has very aggressive noise reduction. Even though edges are smooth etc, you will find that textures are lost as well

Neat Image is a little better,

But Noiseware manages to reduce noise while keeping details. There are lots of options in the CS3 plugin, even doing sharpening etc.

Iso 100:thumbsup:

there's another program called dfine.

google it.
even though i'm using D3, but when pics shot at 6400, there's still some slight visible noise and i use that program to remove it.

works for me.

LOL! The cheapest solution.

Anyway ISO 100 also can have noise, if underexposed, dark scenes or in the shadows and you raised them later.

i like neat, i think it retain better details at same noise level reduction compare to ninja.:)
but end of day just use watever that u like best and suit your budget. :p

Shooting at higher ISO in this case will retain more details than simply just shooting at ISO 100 and brightening the picture. There is a reason why higher ISOs are present in the first place.

Try shooting at a dark alley with your usual hand holdable shutter speeds. The dark scene will not resolve more details digitally compared to say shooting the same scene at ISO 6400.

Rgds
Ryan

Noise Ninja works for me :)

It was strongly recommended by another friend of mine.
Never tried the later two, cannot comment much

Ryan

CS3 coz im too lousy to get other softwares. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.