Which is better? Lowepro CompuTrekker AW or thinkTANK Streetwalker harddrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintothezonex

Oct 20, 2008
East Side
Hie there.. getting either one of these bags?
Can give suggestions which is better?

Lowepro CompuTrekker AW

LPCTBKAW.jpg

or thinkTANK Streetwalker harddrive?

SW_HardDrive_8053_lr.jpg

Both are about the same size, space and functions.
Are there anyone using either of these bags can give recommendations?
What you like about it and not..
Do let me know as I have to go on a trip coming week and need to know which is better as I might wanna use it for a long time.
Thanks everyone!
Cheers..

Lowepro CompuTrekker AW

LPCTBKAW.jpg

SW_HardDrive_8053_lr.jpg

Do let me know as I have to go on a trip coming week and need to know which is better as I might wanna use it for a long time.
Thanks everyone!
Cheers..
depends on.

a) how much you want to spend
b) how many things you want to stuff
c) how much comfort you want

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454559 if your answer is
a) less then $40
b) quite a lot + laptop
c) lots of shoulder and back padding

hie flipfreak..
before i open up this thread, i have done my search on thinkTANK Streetwalker harddrive and
have actually found yr thread.
so far do u like the bag? any other problem?
if there is a chance for u to change yr bag to Lowepro CompuTrekker, do u go for it or buy the same bag thinkTANK Streetwalker harddrive?

have you look into lowepro vertex series? seem to be big and able for quantity storage too

depends on.

a) how much you want to spend
b) how many things you want to stuff
c) how much comfort you want

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454559 if your answer is
a) less then $40
b) quite a lot + laptop
c) lots of shoulder and back padding

a) no budget cos im looking for comfort.
thinktank cost - around $235
lowepro cost - around $145

b) i believe both bags can carry the same loads of equipments
thinktank -
Designed for use in urban and crowded environments, this slim, lightweight backpack also holds a 15” laptop, as well as a Pro-size DSLR and a 70-200 2.8 with hood attached.

lowepro -
1-2 SLRs and 4-6 lenses (80-200mm f/2.8) or compact medium format system; large notebook computer; accessories

c) comfort is my main priority cos i will be carrying my laptop all the time in the bag.

im sorry but my eyes have set only for these 2 bags.
just need opinions and reviews for those who owns this bag.
thanks!
cheers..

hie flipfreak..
before i open up this thread, i have done my search on thinkTANK Streetwalker harddrive and
have actually found yr thread.
so far do u like the bag? any other problem?
if there is a chance for u to change yr bag to Lowepro CompuTrekker, do u go for it or buy the same bag thinkTANK Streetwalker harddrive?

i like it. i have considered all possible alternatives and found that the thinktank suits what i want. big enough to store most of my stuff and comfortable. i didnt consider computrekker cos i think its wider than the thinktank and i didn't want to look like a ninja turtle.

i like it. i have considered all possible alternatives and found that the thinktank suits what i want. big enough to store most of my stuff and comfortable. i didnt consider computrekker cos i think its wider than the thinktank and i didn't want to look like a ninja turtle.

thanks for the reply..
been doing my search myself in the net and found it in here

yeah i agree too that computrekker looks wider and rounder like ninja turtle if were to wear it!
haha! (sori guys.. cant help it)
thinktank looks slimmer and it doesnt looks like a camera backpack. to me of cos.
best price i can get this bag from besides john and tk?

Lowepro CompuTrekker AW

LPCTBKAW.jpg

SW_HardDrive_8053_lr.jpg

Thanks everyone!
Cheers..

Have you considered Kata? These bags from Israel are quite good.

thanks for the reply..
been doing my search myself in the net and found it in here

yeah i agree too that computrekker looks wider and rounder like ninja turtle if were to wear it!
haha! (sori guys.. cant help it)
thinktank looks slimmer and it doesnt looks like a camera backpack. to me of cos.
best price i can get this bag from besides john and tk?

i think u can only get it from this 2 shops at the moment. consider the pro if u dun need to put in a laptop. i considered the vertex 200&300, phototrekker, protrekker, kata, flipside 400, crumplers as well. not to mention tt airport series. :sweatsm:

With A as your answer, grab the Streetwalker. But take note, the shoulder padding on the Targus is damn swee :)

With A as your answer, grab the Streetwalker. But take note, the shoulder padding on the Targus is damn swee :)

thanks but erghh sorry yah..
wat do you mean "the shoulder padding on the Targus is damn swee"
is Targus is another brand of bag or the padding of the thinktank bag is name Targus?
sori.. can explain? (im noob)
hehe!

Targus is the brand of bag i am using for my main camera bag in the thread. Extremely comfortable on the shoulders and back even if stuff a lot of gear in the bag.

if the shop allows, i recommend trying out both bags fully loaded to roughly gauge the comfort level on your back and shoulder.

Targus is the brand of bag i am using for my main camera bag in the thread. Extremely comfortable on the shoulders and back even if stuff a lot of gear in the bag.

if the shop allows, i recommend trying out both bags fully loaded to roughly gauge the comfort level on your back and shoulder.

okay.. sorry bout that.
anyway going to survey the bags today and get the feel of it.
someone wants to sell their bags but till now no reply.
must buy new one like that lor.
haizz.. :sweat:

I have been looking around for a camera bag like thinktank.

May I know where is this available for sales. I have been to John 3:16 and they carried it but limited stocks.

Thinktank Hard-drive looks somewhat like my Case Logic XNSLR-7. The Case Logic has a unique EVA molded Camera Cradle to house camera at top of the case for easy access which I like very much though. Agent here claimed to give 25yr warranty believe it or not.
http://www.caselogic.com/slr_camera_laptop_backpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=125393

About the same price too.

Last edited:
You could try TK Foto at Beach Road :)

I have been looking around for a camera bag like thinktank.

May I know where is this available for sales. I have been to John 3:16 and they carried it but limited stocks.

Thanks.

I have been using lowerpro reporter 300 for my trip and is a life saving with the good rain coat covering.

Now, looking for a haversack bag to spread the weight of the equipment when I move around.

I am considering either the Thinktank hard disk pro or the shape shifter bag...anybody here got them, kindly put some review in, I know website has review but would be good to heard from an asian users here as not all bags are suitable for small built asean people compare to european or american people...

Status
Not open for further replies.