Which is better? Fujifilm or Nikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

method86

Mar 2, 2009
In a dilemma now, not sure which to choose.

FujiFilm FinePix S2000HD
FujiFilm FinePix S200EXR
FujiFilm FinePix S1500
Nikon L100
Nikon P80
Nikon P90

or u have any recommendations? budget within $400 to $600..

I would get the Fuji200 or the Fuji70

Get 2000HD.

Very good.

The FinePix S200EXR have a bigger sensor; should be better in low light. Also comes with hot shoe. Pity the LCD is only 2.7".

I'm sure it'll cost more than $600.

My order of preference:

1. FujiFilm FinePix S200EXR

2. FujiFilm FinePix S2000HD

3. FujiFilm FinePix S1500

Last edited:
thanks for the reply.

hmmm wondering how is the picture quality, anyone able to provide examples? and do you think it will perform well if i bring it along for concerts?

The FUji 200EXR is a good choice.. good low light performance too

thanks for the reply.

hmmm wondering how is the picture quality, anyone able to provide examples? and do you think it will perform well if i bring it along for concerts?

Best to go read a review online. You can google search for "Fuji S200EXR review"

From the posts earlier you can see that different people will tell you different models. So how to tell you which is better if you do not tell us what you will be shooting leh? Besides, you are the one using the cam and not us, so it would not be fair if I tell you what to get and you do not feel comfiortable using it or worst it doesn't suit your requirements. So the best is to try them out and see which is better for you lor.

From the posts earlier you can see that different people will tell you different models. So how to tell you which is better if you do not tell us what you will be shooting leh? Besides, you are the one using the cam and not us, so it would not be fair if I tell you what to get and you do not feel comfiortable using it or worst it doesn't suit your requirements. So the best is to try them out and see which is better for you lor.

hahaha.. okok.. here's what i want.

able to shoot good quality images. with minimum noise. best with a 10x optical zoom.
will be using it for daily images, travel, parties, concerts etc.

no restriciton on the sizes of the camera. but with a budget of nothing more 600.

those DSLR look-alike camera seems cool to me :D

hahaha.. okok.. here's what i want.

able to shoot good quality images. with minimum noise. best with a 10x optical zoom.
will be using it for daily images, travel, parties, concerts etc.

no restriciton on the sizes of the camera. but with a budget of nothing more 600.

those DSLR look-alike camera seems cool to me :D

Compact cameras tend not to perform well in terms of noise, but there are softwares in the market which can address that. So it's not really an issue. The Panasonic LX3 by far has the best image quality so far. But the price exceeds your budget and it has a short zoom range.

DSLR look-alike cameras are usually known as the prosumer/bridge cameras. These cameras have a larger sensor compared to the compact cameras and will perform better in terms of noise and image quality. The best I have used so far is the Sony R1 which is no longer in the market I believe. It uses the same sensor as a DSLR and can produce great images with it's well known Carl Zeiss lens. If you do not mind a 2nd hand, you should be able to find one.

You may also want to take a look at Fuji or Panasonics line of cameras and try them out in a store to see if it fits nicely in your hands and you're comfortable with the layout and user interface of the cams. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.