Which is better - E330 or E500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vivientan said:
I just got back from the IT show. Got my hands at the E330 and E500. Besides the shutter lag mentioned, I find that focusing is really slow. The guy told me it's because i'm shooting indoors. Do u guys have this same problem, both indoor or outdoors? It could be due to the lenses too for sure.

I'm rather particular abt focusing speed. What I just experienced is unacceptable.

Which mode is the dial at? :think:

wind30 said:
Please try the olympus bodies with the 14-54mm which is a great all-round lens, light and not too expensive.

The price of the 14-54mm lens is something i simply can't afford. :bsmilie:

wrx_sti_22b said:
The price of the 14-54mm lens is something i simply can't afford. :bsmilie:

Actually BHphoto is selling the E1 + 14-54 for US$1079. I heard bangkok sometimes has a VERY good deal on the E1 14-54 kit, something like S$1500... The price range of the E1 14-54 is comparable to the E330.

Problem with olympus is that you may have to order overseas if you are interested in saving money. I got mine 50-200 overseas from bhphoto and it turned out to be a good copy.

but, i saw some one is doing shot at the studio in Olympus Booth with a wireless flash. Don't exactly know what model of flash he's using. but, the camera is E-330.

shchow said:
but, i saw some one is doing shot at the studio in Olympus Booth with a wireless flash. Don't exactly know what model of flash he's using. but, the camera is E-330.

That guy is John and he is using the wireless module which works with 99.9% of all cameras. It picks the signal from the center trigger on the flash mount. There is no metering obviously. Maybe Vivien is referring to natively supported flash like the Nikon?

Hacker said:
That guy is John and he is using the wireless module which works with 99.9% of all cameras. It picks the signal from the center trigger on the flash mount. There is no metering obviously. Maybe Vivien is referring to natively supported flash like the Nikon?
The wireless transmitter is quite common in studios. Olympus doesn't have dedicated wireless flash system yet.
An equally effective and very much cheaper alternative to wireless flash is to get slave units. Some come in complete flash outfit, others in hot shoe mounts. Played with it many years back using film camera; quite painful to see unintended effects only when the negatives/prints are developed.
With digital camera these days, no worry about wasted shots. Have fun adding colour filter on the slave unit.

jamestyemk said:
The wireless transmitter is quite common in studios. Olympus doesn't have dedicated wireless flash system yet.
An equally effective and very much cheaper alternative to wireless flash is to get slave units. Some come in complete flash outfit, others in hot shoe mounts. Played with it many years back using film camera; quite painful to see unintended effects only when the negatives/prints are developed.
With digital camera these days, no worry about wasted shots. Have fun adding colour filter on the slave unit.

So meaning for Oly, we can't attach a remote flash trigger but need to use a slave unit for it to work in a studio setting?

Has anyone of u tried this? How did the studio pics turn out?

vivientan said:
So meaning for Oly, we can't attach a remote flash trigger but need to use a slave unit for it to work in a studio setting?

Has anyone of u tried this? How did the studio pics turn out?

You can.

yongkh said:
I've tested E330 at the IT Show, I noticed a very serious shutter lag (about 1 second or more)

For example, if you are taking someone that is walking slowly, you focus, press the shutter button, when the picture captured and recorded, you can see that that person is already off center (toward the side)

This is not acceptable. I ask the showman about this, and they said is like that one for liveview :bigeyes:

Can any owner of E330, E500, E1 test out the shutter lag using this link:
http://www.shooting-digital.com/columns/schwartz/shutter_release_test/default.asp

This will help all of us!

akak said:
Can any owner of E330, E500, E1 test out the shutter lag using this link:
http://www.shooting-digital.com/columns/schwartz/shutter_release_test/default.asp

This will help all of us!

I got 0.125s for E-300, 0.125s for E-330 (Live View Off), 0.175s (Live View Mode A)
A lot also depends on how good your hand-eye coordination is. Mine is not too good because of old age :embrass:

tested my s3pro. 0.1 to 0.125.

But without prefocus is 0.4sec with the tamron 28-75mm.

Tried my F11 P&S and took 5 pictures and I got around 0.04 for ALL five pictures...

I am confused... maybe the s3pro shutter button heavier?

0.05 seconds for liveview off.
0.05-0.1 seconds for liveview mode A but using viewfinder.
0.1-0.15 seconds for using liveview mode A.
0.5 seconds for using liveview mode B (due to double slapping internally).

please note that the 1 second in the SWF program is not = 1 second actual time. nearly thought that e330 can do 4 frames per second when testing the shutter lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.