Which is better - Canon D60, Nikon D70 or Olympus E300

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanuardi

Dec 19, 2006
Jakarta
Need advice for obsolete dslr for firstimer...
which is beter:
Canon D60
Nikon D70 or
Olympus E300

Please share ur opinion or experiences with those cam...

Thanks...

Need advice for obsolete dslr for firstimer...
which is beter:
Canon D60
Nikon D70 or
Olympus E300

Please share ur opinion or experiences with those cam...

Thanks...

D100! :)

D100 is always better over the D70. I've used both before,and i still prefer the controls of the D100 over the D70. but why go for an obsolete DSLR? the white balance is not as gd to begin with (at least for nikon) and unless can find 1 in gd condition, i'd get a newer model like the 350D or 20D

There are so many 350D and 400D on sale in the marketplace... Best get from there.

Bro, i have also the same problem as u last week. but i suggest u getting a D70 as it is not that old. If u go by Release date. Nikon D70 came out later, while Canon D60 is one of the first few DSLR. D70 is known to perform, and if spoilt or damage, easier to get it repaired as it is common. I wont recommand Olympus E300 as the Lens are Exp and limited. If over D60 and D70.

D70 is the choice.... just got my D70 last week. ;)

The one that fits best in your hands = the best amongst the 3.

the D60 is definately out. AS to the D70 and E300, depends on the price lor. If the d70 KIT and the E300 KIT is the same price, go for the D70 as the D70 kit lens is very good.

It all boils down to your budget. The E300 is also a very good camera.

Bro, i have also the same problem as u last week. but i suggest u getting a D70 as it is not that old. If u go by Release date. Nikon D70 came out later, while Canon D60 is one of the first few DSLR. D70 is known to perform, and if spoilt or damage, easier to get it repaired as it is common. I wont recommand Olympus E300 as the Lens are Exp and limited. If over D60 and D70.

D70 is the choice.... just got my D70 last week. ;)

Wow thanks for the comments bros.....
I think D70 is great for an obsolete budget camera.
Ok then... please share ur experiences with me...

Btw is anyone have probs with D70 noise in low light?

I am thinking of getting a D60... But why is it not advisable to get it :dunno: the reviews on the net seemed okay though... sorry, but I am absolutely newbie to digital systems, I was shooting film previously :bsmilie: so, I quite "mountain tortise"...

I am thinking of getting a D60... But why is it not advisable to get it :dunno: the reviews on the net seemed okay though... sorry, but I am absolutely newbie to digital systems, I was shooting film previously :bsmilie: so, I quite "mountain tortise"...

Ya, alot of revies shows that D60 is a good cam... good build quality too....

@Galdor - ya D5D is great but cost more, i just have around 500SGD, if u sell a D5D BO at that price, i'll buy that... hehehe

No better, all of them are just tools.
Please note you are choosing a system, and not just the 3 models of DSLRs.

Ask yourself these questions.
What camera you own currently ?
What you find lacking in your camera ?
How much is your budget ?
What you like to shoot ? E.g landscape, portraits, events, streets, etc.
Will the lens and accessories I need be easily available and affordable to me ?

For first timer, I would prefer you save up enough, and get a new set with warranty.
If you are going to get old set, prefer you get someone who is knowledgeable about DSLR
to go with you when purchasing.
I hate to see ppl :bheart: for their first DSLR when it breaks down.

Some good points of each system.

Canon - Well known CMOS sensor for low noise, wide variety of lens and more accurate AWB.
Nikon - Good flashlight, wide variety of lens, solid built body and very comfortable to hold.
Olympus - The color is very good. The E500 dual lens kit pricing is very attractive for beginners.

These are very general information I know from reading.
Hope they will be useful in your decision making.
Remember, it is the picture that is going to make ppl "WOW" :bigeyes: , not your tools.
So which one you choose eventually, is not important afterall.

Alamak....long story again... :bsmilie:
Getting old...

@ obewan - as usualy, beginer always confused by everythings... I love to shoot makro, lot of time shooting indoor with low light. love to shoot night scenes too.. not interested with portrait or shooting models. so I confused with all system, unfortunately, my budget is low (about 550SGD). I'm looking for body, whatever its brand, coz i have friend that use nikon, canon and KM, so i can loan their lens for several weeks till i get a new lens for the body..
I have 3 prosumer cam, canon G5, kodak DX7590 and KM A200, but i wont sell them in order to get a DSLR system...

Thanks all 4 ur comment and suggestions.... cheers...

I have 3 prosumer cam, canon G5, kodak DX7590 and KM A200

I have KM A1 and A2 :D , if I am getting a DSLR, Nikon D70 will be my choice. Even the battery grip for D70 now has a few third party grips to choose from.

@ obewan - as usualy, beginer always confused by everythings... I love to shoot makro, lot of time shooting indoor with low light. love to shoot night scenes too.. not interested with portrait or shooting models. so I confused with all system, unfortunately, my budget is low (about 550SGD). I'm looking for body, whatever its brand, coz i have friend that use nikon, canon and KM, so i can loan their lens for several weeks till i get a new lens for the body..
I have 3 prosumer cam, canon G5, kodak DX7590 and KM A200, but i wont sell them in order to get a DSLR system...

Thanks all 4 ur comment and suggestions.... cheers...

I am selling a E300 kit for $580.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=256907

I'll save up a my money to get a Dynax 5D or Nikon D70 hehe... Oly E300 is a good cam, my friend use it too 'n he very satisfied with E300+HLD3+14-45/40-150.... But my feeling is on D5D or a cheaper D70... cheers... thanks all...

No problem broz, hope to join ya for a shoot next time if u are using D70. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.