Which is better canon 60D or 7D?

rockman axess

Mar 10, 2010

both also good. depend on how u see it......its really hard to tell you.. cos it up to preference

there r tons of reviews online. why dun read up more on them? a simple search using google will do

rather than pursuing which is a better camera, ask urself first whether u need those features that the camera offers to u

Last edited:
the 7D is more superior in some departments, but the 60D is better in the price department.

For an average user, the 60D is good enough

7D maybe power pack with features, heavier & higher price.
60D is easiler on the pocket & hand but may not be so poor features.
Many a time, ones hardly fully use all the features of the camera.
For begineers, season, master or Professional, 60D is good enough for anyone anytime.:angel:

Its not on the same range. There is no comparison. Thats the reason why 7D is more expensive and they have reasons for it like AF speed, AF points, slightly better ISO, better build, weather proof, etc.

If you are using it for video, then the 60D is better with the swivel screen & manual audio gain.

In the end you have to ask yourself. Which one is better for yourself? Look at your shooting needs in features, weight as well as budget.

Just go over to vivocity, canon show room which is opposite GV, besides challenger. Try it out to your heart content.

If 60D can do whatever you wanted it to do, I personally see no point spending extra cash on 7D. But if only 7D fits your needs, then this question is pointless and get the 7D straight.

Frankly... what do you mean by which is better? Both 60D and 7D share the same sensor (IQ is very similar), both are good with their movie mode, 60D had an articulating LCD, 7D is much faster (2 processor), 60D is lighter, 7D is heavier... 7D had a full magnesium body and is weather seal, while 60D is not. 7D is very much more expensive than 60D and 7D had a little more micro-adjustment (for individual lens) AF.

7D had 19 AF point, 60D had 11pt (I think), 7D's 19 AF points are all cross types and can group different AF point together.

etc, etc.

So... it is actually up to you to choose which one suits you better. For me... I don't care... I like both of them. I only choose 7D because I don't want to get both... and I like 7D's feel.

It's like asking Ferrai or Audi, which is better?

Each is good in a way. No such thing as better camera I feel. It shd be which one more suitable.

both are good
it's only "what you need"