Which is a good 400-450W Power Supply Unit to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

Kinda OT for a photo forum. But I tink there are many computer gurus here.

Do you all have a good PSU say between 400-450W to recommend? Thermaltake or Cooler Master good? Any models for me to consider? My budget is $140 and below.

Which shop is good to get them? The last time I went to Sim Lim, saw the cheaper ones. Wonder which shops sell the better brands.

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys...

I changed my computer casing recently. But never expected that the my old PSU is smaller for the new casing! Thot all PSUs the same size. Sigh.. so got to buy a new one. I need to measure first?

Okie will check out Hardware zone. Thanks.

coolermaster iGreen series, more effecient, but of cos it cost more than the normal 1.

Seasonic / Seventeam / Silverstone :thumbsup:

I think the Coolermaster 430W Extreme is one of the most value for money psu now. You should be able to get it for around $70+.

Hi kelccm, any shop in Sim Lim to recommend selling this? tnx!

blossom? really cheap and acceptably good.

Oh it's ok. Went to hardwarezone. Found a few shops selling the PSU.

Also chanced upon the Cooler MAster Real Power 450W ATX Power. Looks cool with the blue LED lighting. Might consider it though it costs more.

Oh it's ok. Went to hardwarezone. Found a few shops selling the PSU.

Also chanced upon the Cooler MAster Real Power 450W ATX Power. Looks cool with the blue LED lighting. Might consider it though it costs more.

You can check out Tagan 420W/480W PSU as well ... 3 years 1-1. Runs very silent...

But always ask yourself - do you need the blue LED? ... don't tell me you're gonna face the PSU towards you just to see the "blue light" ... get a normal PSU without the "bling" factor and it might save you a buck or 2 and such "bling" usually comes with some minus point.

CoolerMaster 430w ok already.

I have a used CoolerMaster 430W (20-pins), about 1 year old, pm me if you are interested. Upgraded my PSU to Antec TruePower Trio 550W last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.