Which hi speed battery charger to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNG

Jan 27, 2006
My konnoc battery charger just died. Wanted to get a replacement.

Saw many hi-speed models, some stated charged in 1 hour, some even 15 mins.

Any concern with these hi-speed charger, other than more expensive? Will batteries lifespan be affected?

Wonder why the big diff, some need to charge more than 5 hrs..

high speed charges will generally shorten a batterys lifespan.

i use the maha 401. comes with 4 2500 powerex batteries from eastgear..
not expensive, and has both a long charge 5 hour and fast charge 1hour option.

jdredd said:
high speed charges will generally shorten a batterys lifespan.

i use the maha 401. comes with 4 2500 powerex batteries from eastgear..
not expensive, and has both a long charge 5 hour and fast charge 1hour option.
Hear many good review about it.

If I need it, I will buy Maha than Sanyo one.

Regards,
Arto.

generally, high speed chargers pump an enormous current into the battery, as high as 5 amps, that can cause the batt to heat up and start venting.

completeness of charge for highspeed chargers are rarely good, compared to trickle charging the batteries which can give as high as 98% charged capacity.

hehe using the budget konnoc charger wif lcd. not very fast but good enough for my need, im not a heavy flash user so it is quite ok for me

Canew said:
ExplorerZ, which budget KONNOC charger are you using? This KONNOC charger (KCR-A099) is pretty fast in charging, IMO.

yup this is the one, pretty fast but considered slow to those 15mins or real 1hr charger... it takes about 3-4hrs for a full 4x 2500mAh charge
got it from eastgear during last IT show at $39.90 wif 4x 2500mAh batt. but i think they stopped selling now

ExplorerZ, I am using the KONNOC KCR-A099 too. I can get full charge (according to the LCD display) in about 1 or 1+ hour.

Canew said:
ExplorerZ, I am using the KONNOC KCR-A099 too. I can get full charge (according to the LCD display) in about 1 or 1+ hour.

Me too. about 1 hr for a full charge but batteries is very hot.

I have Varta and it gives off a terrible smell during charging.

I think it is better to get eneloop batteries which can retain charges for long periods of time. I can always charge in advance and the charge is always there even after months... much better than waiting 15mins when I need to replace the batteries...

DeSwitch said:
Me too. about 1 hr for a full charge but batteries is very hot.

erm not sure... but from wat i saw the 1hr quick charge is for 2x AA batt... it took me usually 3hr or so for 4x 2500mAh full charge:embrass:

explorerz, did you press the refresh button? it will take longer if you did but usually I charge 4 x AA bateries in less than 1 Hr.

thanks for the info.

What degree is the impact on lifespan like to use a hi speed charger?

My charger that failed is exactly the one that u guys posted.. :cry:

Any one knows whether ther are good offer to be expected in the coming pc show?

DeSwitch said:
explorerz, did you press the refresh button? it will take longer if you did but usually I charge 4 x AA bateries in less than 1 Hr.

3-4hr is time taken after fully discharging using the batt. my normal charge is also about 1hr provided that they are not fully discharge (which also mean not a full 2500mAh charge to me)

thanks for the info.

What degree is the impact on lifespan like to use a hi speed charger?

My charger that failed is exactly the one that u guys posted..

Any one knows whether ther are good offer to be expected in the coming pc show?

Sony is having promotion in almost all their items which include batt charger. iirc, the price of AA charger is range between $39-79. $29 for the most basic 1 without LCD (only led light) and no refresh function

ExplorerZ said:
yup this is the one, pretty fast but considered slow to those 15mins or real 1hr charger... it takes about 3-4hrs for a full 4x 2500mAh charge
got it from eastgear during last IT show at $39.90 wif 4x 2500mAh batt. but i think they stopped selling now

Can still get at TCW for the same price.

Saw some 15 mins charger by Sony and Sanyo at South Asia computers @ funan.

Anyone tried those? Abt $70 with 4 batteries

Saw the MAHA battery charger with 8 batteries compartment @ PC show.

Selling @ $129. Thought it's quite expensive, what is the diff between this one & others that are selling at $40-$50, other than 8 batteries can be charged together?

JSNG said:
Saw some 15 mins charger by Sony and Sanyo at South Asia computers @ funan.

Anyone tried those? Abt $70 with 4 batteries

Kind of expensive... abt $69 - $79 isn't it?

In Carrefour Suntec there is a UniRoss charger with 4 pcs of 2500mAh. The back states abt 4hr15mins full to charge up the 4 batteries. Cost $37.50. Not too expensive i think. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.