Which Handphone to Buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
Today I went to the handphone centre, damn blur.... worse than buying Digital camera.

Which phones do you recommend ?

My concerns are:
1) Price ( cheaper the better man, best if $0, max out $200)
1.5) Looks, I like the sleek business look. Brush aluminum, avant garde kind.
2) Responsiveness (dont want any lag, best can match d2h speeds :bsmilie: )
3) Size (smaller the better)
4) Features (I hope to get an organiser, and a loudspeaker phone)
5) Camera (VGA hopefully, no camera also nvrmind)

I have selected a few...
1) Siemens CX65 (free ! good features)
2) Siemens Clam shell 62 (freee, less functions, but look good)
3) Panasonic x100 (38bucks)
4) Sony Ericsson k500i
5) Motorola 650 (free).
and my dream phone
6) Siemens S65 ($298, looks damn good but not much more useful features over the CX65

Of all the phones I use, Nokia always seems the fastest. But I want a change.... . Of course, let me know if Nokia is still king. I heard Siemens and SOny are slow.

nokia 3220. for the rubber grip...which will match the feel of D2H :thumbsup:

Avoid 7610!

Sent in mine which was less than 2 month old to the Service Centre on 26 November after it had mysteriously overheated and conk out ... only got mine back today and to my surprise, I also witnessed a few others sending/collecting their 7610 ... :confused:

I understand that Nokia's have some reliability issues with certain models. I've got bad experience with the 8210's LCD. Still, it is one of the simplest, ergonomically sound phone I've used. And its size still puts many modern phones to shame.

Adam Goi said:
Avoid 7610!

Sent in mine which was less than 2 month old to the Service Centre on 26 November after it had mysteriously overheated and conk out ... only got mine back today and to my surprise, I also witnessed a few others sending/collecting their 7610 ... :confused:

Wa..... I'm waiting for 7610 price to drop. After hearing from you. I'm starting to reconsider about my choice. :think:

Dun buy Nokia 6610!!!

I have sent my 6610 for servicing at the Nokia Care Centre dunno-how-many-times already because of it's faulty keypad. Every 1-2 months, it will start to get screwy. Certain buttons on the keypad will start to lose it's sensitivity and you have to press very hard before the number appears on the screen. Despite after all these servicing, I still get this freaking problem.

And it appears I'm not the only person facing this crap. Relatives and friends of mine who is having the same model is also facing this problem. But they cannot do anything because their gurantee has expired already.

Regards,
-Michelle- :)

mich_2103 said:
Dun buy Nokia 6610!!!

I have sent my 6610 for servicing at the Nokia Care Centre dunno-how-many-times already because of it's faulty keypad. Every 1-2 months, it will start to get screwy. Certain buttons on the keypad will start to lose it's sensitivity and you have to press very hard before the number appears on the screen. Despite after all these servicing, I still get this freaking problem.

And it appears I'm not the only person facing this crap. Relatives and friends of mine who is having the same model is also facing this problem. But they cannot do anything because their gurantee has expired already.

Regards,

My left side keypad aslo have this problem...abit "paralysed" :sweat:
and also the ON/OFF button.....

ransoma22 said:
My left side keypad aslo have this problem...abit "paralysed" :sweat:
and also the ON/OFF button.....
Wah lau, you also kana this nonsense?

Nokia phones used to be very hardy. I had the 3210, 3310, 8250 and now the problematic 6610. My previous 3 phones were all very hardy. Once I had a quarrel with my sister and she threw my 3310 across the room. Nothing happened to it.

I love my 8250 also. Never gave me any problems.

My first handphone is Siemens. They are also hardy but the one that I used the software wasn't very user friendly. I dunno if they are still having the same problem after so many years.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

I intending to get Nokia 6230. Heard very good reviews about it. You can consider.

Hmmm... never shortlist any Samsung models? It seems like Samsung are quite good too... The Samsung X430 seems to be a popular phone. Haven't heard anything bad about it from my friends.
But don't take me too seriously though... I'm a mountain tortoise when it comes to mobile phones. I'm still using a Panasonic GD75. =X

mich_2103 said:
Wah lau, you also kana this nonsense?

Nokia phones used to be very hardy. I had the 3210, 3310, 8250 and now the problematic 6610. My previous 3 phones were all very hardy. Once I had a quarrel with my sister and she threw my 3310 across the room. Nothing happened to it.

I love my 8250 also. Never gave me any problems.

My first handphone is Siemens. They are also hardy but the one that I used the software wasn't very user friendly. I dunno if they are still having the same problem after so many years.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

Yes. It does have this problem at least to me...
Have no problem with 3310, 8250, 8210 ...and my beloved 6230...*which intend to live forever in cameron highlands*

Now there are too many varieties of handphone in the market....hard to choose actually...

p/s: we abit OT liao

I sent in my current 7210i before after 3mths of usage, reason was that the lower bottom keyboard was insensitive and the back light flickers when using.

They said the keypad was changed and it worked, now just into the 2nd year only the same thing is occuring, sigh :( they don't make handphones they used to, all I ask is a rectangular flush model that can make calls, not really fascinated with PDA etc etc built in.

bad experience with nokia (except 8910) made me changed to samsung and later sony ericsson (P900).

nokia had a bit lag, sometimes hang halfway sms-ing and limitation to the phonebook. not to forget the polyphonic sucz.
samsung is small for my hand, lag is worst than nokia, and phonebook also limited.
so far, p900 gives me no prob, 16MB internal memory (additional slot for MS Duo - so phonebook is unlimited), sms also no limit in the inbox (sometimes forget to delete and accumulated to over 100sms), acts as a PDA too. has video mode too (which i seldom use, unless recce shooting location). downside, it dont support chinese character, but 3rd party software can do the job.

so, go for SE k500i.

Bernard Ong said:
I intending to get Nokia 6230. Heard very good reviews about it. You can consider.

I'm eyeing that too. :)

I'm a typical guy. All my previous Nokia (8810, 8210, 8250) and Ericsson (388, 688, A1018s) can last me max 1 year before it conk out cos i always drop my HP. Now my N6100 a bit kee siao liao. :cry:

mich_2103 said:
Dun buy Nokia 6610!!!

Regards,
My mom had that problem with her 6610 too. :confused: The zero button became invalid!

Think Sony Ericsson K700i is good one to have, and it's all that!
definitely better camera and screen than Nokia, and compact and easy friendly system to use! definitely high recommended.!

nothing can beat my good old Siemens ME45 :D Even Jason Bourne use it in the Bourne Supremacy movie heheh :D

I think the SX1 is the value for money at $238. Radio, Vga Cam, MP3, Organizer, mmc memory card expandable. symbian os whic means also that you can install softwares like small office and others your memory card i think is your limit... :bsmilie: It is not just a phone it's a pocket PC!

sx1.jpg

Here is for your specs

Status
Not open for further replies.