Which good CRT monitor to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priscilia

Deregistered
Jun 20, 2006
Hi all,

Looks like my monitor may konk off anytime... Anyone kind enuff to recommend a good one, priority is on photo-editing? So many names, Samsung, Sony, LG, etc etc. My budget is say $400 and below.

Which shop (Sim Lim???) is good to get it?

Thank u!! :p

Not sure if you can still get Viewsonic CRT monitors, but they've served me well when i was using them in the past. The samsung e770(i think that's the model) was also quite decent and with the flat screen, it cut out alot of reflections.

Thanks G-man.

Oh, Viewsonic... They are expensive monitors aren't they? :eek:

Pardon me for my ignorance also... but CRT monitors come with flat screens too? Thot only LCDs have that. :embrass:

check it out this coming Comex Show 31Aug to 3Sep

Try to get 2nd hand Sony G400/420 19" CRT Trinitron Monitor.

Else see if anyone selling their Dell Trinitron monitor. These monitor uses Sony Trinitron Tube. :)

I do have a second-hand 17" Viewsonic CRT if you are interested. It's the pro series trinitron tube kind with a max resolution of 1600 * 1200

Viewsonic PF790, I had it for 5 years and still working well. The price is ok when I bought it compare with other. I used it for Auto CAD,Solidwork, ProE, Photoshop, etc. Viewsonic is the right choice.

Viewsonic PF790 is a 19 inches professional series CRT Flat monitor. When I say flat is really prefectly flat.

My friend bought 1 Samsung 19 inches monitor and died when it is at 3 years old. It die at young age. It is not cheap also.

I want a brand new monitor, not 2ndhand one. :bsmilie:

Monitor really bad now. Colors all off and brightness /contrast got problems. :(

Really no one can recommend where to get the monitor ah? Any computer shop will do in Sim Lim?

How much roughly is the Viewsonic? Do they come in 17" screen?

Thanks again!

i saw a mint HP 21inches true flat monitor at SIMLIM lvl4 [one for the secret back alley]

selling $250 nego hehehe

can nego on warranty also:)

Priscilia said:
I want a brand new monitor, not 2ndhand one. :bsmilie:

Monitor really bad now. Colors all off and brightness /contrast got problems. :(

Really no one can recommend where to get the monitor ah? Any computer shop will do in Sim Lim?

How much roughly is the Viewsonic? Do they come in 17" screen?

Thanks again!
17inch CRT viewable size about 15+ to 16inches only...

17inch LCD viewable size is 17inches...

and 17inches LCD is not very expensive mah, why you still want CRT? too much space on the comp table?:)

Second-hand 19" Trinitron is a good choice. But be careful of the flickers for old monitor. Mine starting to get this kind of side-effect after 5 years.

slooow said:

and 17inches LCD is not very expensive mah, why you still want CRT? too much space on the comp table?:)

Yes, I like the sleek and compact LCDs but...

If possible, try to get CRTs if you are serious about photo-editing. LCDs are generally not recommended. :)

Okie thanks Cecil.. Will read thru.

Sorry I know me sound noobs but hardly buy monitors cos hardly got problems.. Till now. :confused:

Btw, me dun quite understand why quite a number of people recommend buying a 2nd hand monitor? I'd rather pay more for a brand new one.

slooow said:

Even Apple's kicka$$ 20" LCD is only as accurate as the top of the line CRTs used for colour management.

Priscilla, considering your need for colour accuracy, you've the right mindset on spending abit more for a brand new one as CRT monitors tend to degrade in colour performance over time.

Hi hi, my Viewsonic E771 CRT is going bonk soon too, now only show red color and need to whack it everyday, but it has served me very well for 6 years and even 7.

I also heard that LCD are not as good as CRT too, but find it hard to get CRT as it looks glaring... when i did a search around Simlim, seem like only philips is selling CRT only and its $206-211 for a 17" one.

Im now looking into ta Sumsung or LG 19" LCD thou. Seem like some $399 models have higher than 700:1 ratio, 1 even claim to be 1400:1 .

Still doing research and now praying my CRT can make it thru 2-3 more weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.