Which give you the most satisfaction?

Which system give you the most satisfaction?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
I know there is a healthy group of film and digital camera user here.

But, which system give you the most satisfaction? Read: Feel good after taking the shots.

Film for me, so much so I don't use my Coolpix 5000 any more.

As for me, I think I learn photography faster with digital as I can see immediately whether what I learn appears on the preview in the LCD screen. If it is film, no doubt I will learn but then I have to wait for the photos to develop and to come up with a system to remember the settings for each shots... very troublesome for me... also I like to share my photos with friends and what easier way than to shoot and share with a digital camera?

Just my point of view... and you are welcome to challenge... :D

I have 3 or 4 film cameras with film loaded goodness knows how long ago. Still waiting to finish them up, because I'm too stingy with film shots. With digital, I take 3-4 continuous shots of each perspective, and usually can get one nice one.

Err.. this thread is not digital Vs film Vs painting...

It is just to see which media did we gain the most satisfaction.

It could be satisfaction that you learn something today.

It could be satifaction when you collect the developed print/slide.

It could even be satisfaction when you are seen painting while sitting at Raffles place.

:D

It's a means to an end...

I use a digital (DSLR) at work 90% of the time because of storage capacity, speed and ease of image transfer. 10% will be on slides for really critical stuff that might be needed for legal examination at a later stage and prints from these can be obtained where required but it entails having to scan in hi-res for them.

When on my own, I use slides/film 90% of the time and 10% on digital (either Coolpix or DSLR). I still think I get better quality with slides especially when I want to enter them in my local club's competitions. If I want prints, I just scan them in and print what I need.

Originally posted by crazypaladin
As for me, I think I learn photography faster with digital as I can see immediately whether what I learn appears on the preview in the LCD screen. If it is film, no doubt I will learn but then I have to wait for the photos to develop and to come up with a system to remember the settings for each shots... very troublesome for me... also I like to share my photos with friends and what easier way than to shoot and share with a digital camera?

Just my point of view... and you are welcome to challenge... :D

Eh Heh!...Fully agree......just take for example CHINGAY2003....if I am to use film, i dont know how much will i spend and worst...how many viewable prints I will get.....

Digital really helps me to improve my skills alot!....I can rectify my problems at that instant.

Easy sharing too.
Good control of digital images with your own preferences..:cool:

but since digital prints look very "DIGITAL"....i do use film sometimes... ;p

The effort I take to cook a home made dish may lose out in terms of quality to one conveniently bought from outside, but I certainly get more satisfaction making it and eating my own creation. Same is the case with film. And my mechanical camera. Its just more fun for the involvement for a hobbyist like me.

film - nothing beats the satisfaction of looking at a well-exposured, well-composed slide shot through a loupe. :D

Originally posted by Larry
film - nothing beats the satisfaction of looking at a well-exposured, well-composed slide shot through a loupe. :D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

my answer is quite the same as larry. it is the output (print/slide/digital), a well-exposed, a solid, a mouth watery output.

Originally posted by Larry

yup, fully agree. That's y I'm shooting more on film now. :D

Could it be due to the fact that you have to wait for it to be developed that make film so addictive?

However, sometimes, I took a long while to finish a roll..

Originally posted by naresh666
What am i the only one who paints????

I think there's another guy who draw.. Can't really remember who that is..

He did post a drawing too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.