Which Gitzo tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelris

Dec 16, 2008
Hi all,

I intend to mount a Markins Q3T ballhead on Gitzo tripod. Which tripod would you recommend?

I'm using a 40d + batt grip , heaviest lens used would be 70-200mm IS L USM.

Hi all,

I intend to mount a Markins Q3T ballhead on Gitzo tripod. Which tripod would you recommend?
Seems that if you already decided on Q3T, then you basically should be looking at 1541T
From Markins Q3T website:
"Lightest weight in its class, all-in-one head with quick release clamp and panning for panoramic photography. Custom designed for Gitzo traveler tripods."
"
Custom designed for Gitzo traveler tripods with smaller panning base and shaftless quickshoe knob. Custom design allows the Gitzo traveler tripods to fold more compact."
http://www.markinsamerica.com/MA5/Q3.php?req=trv
I'm using a 40d + batt grip , heaviest lens used would be 70-200mm IS L USM.
which 70-200 IS USM are you referring to? f2.8 or f4.0? It make quite a big different in terms of weight.

Last edited:
I have the GT1541T and Q3T combo for about 6 mth. Very compact, light weight, ideal for travelling. Stable for my D300 and 18-200 lens unless under very strong wind, (like oceania wind, where it's strong enough to blow your hair straight back). Used it for long exposure from seconds to 10 minutes (see a 7.5 minutes star trails shot at www.flickr.com/photos/freelah4me) and have not failed me. Advisable to use a remote cord though.

I have the GT1541T and Q3T combo for about 6 mth. Very compact, light weight, ideal for travelling. Stable for my D300 and 18-200 lens unless under very strong wind, (like oceania wind, where it's strong enough to blow your hair straight back). Used it for long exposure from seconds to 10 minutes (see a 7.5 minutes star trails shot at www.flickr.com/photos/freelah4me) and have not failed me. Advisable to use a remote cord though.

Thanks foor sharing your pix.
I also thinking of getting GT1541T.
But kinda worries is it stable for taking night shot.

But from your pix (7.5mins) felt the pix is shake.
other than is pix, which other night shot you are using the tripod?

I would like to find out more end user feedback.
before I purchase it.

Thanks again..

I'm keen on the same setup as well, but new in the scene. Where would I be able to buy the GT1541T + Q3 for a decent price?

Thanks in advance.

I am glad that I'd bought the 1541T for its potability. Just felt so light. Now Still looking for a good carry bag to go with it.

The only thing that I have compromised is the $$$ and the height.

Stability, so far so good.

I am glad that I'd bought the 1541T for its potability. Just felt so light. Now Still looking for a good carry bag to go with it.

The only thing that I have compromised is the $$$ and the height.

Stability, so far so good.

Glad to hear that...
I'm still in the process of saving $$ for the tripod...:sweat:

What BH u are using??:think:

The GT-1541T is a great match for the Markins Q3T keeping the whole setup light and compact. I was deciding between GT-1541 and GT-1541T but the shorter height of the traveller edition kinda struck it off the list. However, now I am reconsidering the options again.

TK Foto is a good place to get the tripod because they have most of the tripods on display and their prices are pretty competitive too.

Glad to hear that...
I'm still in the process of saving $$ for the tripod...:sweat:

What BH u are using??:think:

Bro, I must say that you are one of the folks here that helped me to make this great decision on 1541T. I committed it on the second day after reading your post and some of those link via your posts ;) You had done a very good review on the Q3 and making my heart itch.

However, I went for Kangrinpoche eventually to save some $$$. So far it has delivered what it promised but I may one day change to Q3T if I can't overcome my itch.

Last edited:
Bro, I must say that you are one of the folks here that helped me to make this great decision on 1541T. I committed it on the second day after reading your post and some of those link via your posts ;) You had done a very good review on the Q3 and making my heart itch.

However, I went for Kangrinpoche eventually to save some $$$. So far it has delivered what it promised but I may one day change to Q3T if I can't overcome my itch.

Thanks for the comments..:embrass:
Hope you enjoy your new tripod.....

I still saving hard for this tripod....

I never thought my review will help you so much.
BTW, sometime saving $$$ is good but make sure you get the best of it.
if not you'll be wasting more $$$ for upgrading to a better gears.
I learned that from the hard way....:sweat:

enjoy and shot more good pix....

P/S : Once you got your Tirpod and Kangrinpoche you would to do a review how the BH fix to the GT1541T tripod.

Thanks..!!!

Kangrinpoche as I had saw in Orient photo looks very identical to Arca-swiss design. Built quality is good though. More metallic than Markins.

I am looking the gitzo traveller tripod , does anyone know where I can find one in singapore ?

i just got a Q3 and i'm comparing the 1541 and 1541T. How do they match up? i would prefer the 1541 as is taller. weight is slightly higher. is it significant to most ppl? oh yes and it is taller when close up

i just got a Q3 and i'm comparing the 1541 and 1541T. How do they match up? i would prefer the 1541 as is taller. weight is slightly higher. is it significant to most ppl? oh yes and it is taller when close up
Get 1541. 1541T is better matched with Q3T. But you have already gotten the Q3.

how much is GT-1541T and Markins Q3T ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.