Which Gitzo Tripod to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henessy

Feb 1, 2006
Bishan
www.henessyphoto.blogspot.com
Hi, I will be going to HK end of this month. Heard that the Gitzo tripods there are very cheap. Hence keen in getting one.

I am looking for something that is lightweight yet strong for me to bring around. Thanks:)

Hi, I will be going to HK end of this month. Heard that the Gitzo tripods there are very cheap. Hence keen in getting one.

I am looking for something that is lightweight yet strong for me to bring around. Thanks:)

If you want light-weight and compactness then it will be GT-1540T but it is rather short even when fully extended. I own the GT-1541 which is sufficient for my height (1.89m), is still pretty light but a little long when fully retracted.

Gitzo tripod are generally strong so I won't worry on that aspect.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

How about the GT 2541?

Are all Gitzo tripods screw tightening as in have to keep turning the knob to tighten or are there quick release options?

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt replies!

How about the GT 2541?

Are all Gitzo tripods screw tightening as in have to keep turning the knob to tighten or are there quick release options?

Thanks

GT-2541 is a good option but it is not as tall as GT-1541 but heavier and slightly longer when retracted. Its advantage is a heavier load allowance.

All Gitzo tripods use screw knobs for tigtening of legs.

Hi, couldn't find 1541 on gitzo website

Hmm... strange that they didn't update the website. The model can be found in their brochure PDF file, along with other latest models like GT-2542L etc.

gt0541 is super small and light...but may be a little wobbly la...but really nothing beats its size and weight...NOTHING....

how much cheaper is it there...??omg...haha...should have ask my sister to buy instead...do u have a price indication..?

i am using a 1541 at the moment...

here's the link...do not leave spacing in between
http://www.gitzo.com/Jahia/site/gitzo/pid/4765?kindOfProductCollectionRequest=productDetail&productCode=GT1541&productDescription=SER.%201%206X%204S.%20G-LOCK&curBrandId=BGI&market=MKT1&actualPathCategoryKey=1CAT:AAA1:2CAT:BB59

anyway with regards to the twist and turn locks compared to the ones on manfrotto...gitzo's twist lock system is very very fast to use...slight twist will be unlock...slight twist back will be locked solid...not like benro...where u have to turn and turn till real tight before its locked well, i believe u would grow to prefer gitzo's lock...haha
i personally feel its very fast and efficient

gt0541 is super small and light...but may be a little wobbly la...but really nothing beats its size and weight...NOTHING....

how much cheaper is it there...??omg...haha...should have ask my sister to buy instead...do u have a price indication..?

http://www.gitzo.com/Jahia/site/gitzo/pid/4765?kindOfProductCollectionRequest=productDetail&productCode=GT1541&productDescription=SER.%201%206X%204S.%20G-LOCK&curBrandId=BGI&market=MKT1&actualPathCategoryKey=1CAT:AAA1:2CAT:BB59

anyway with regards to the twist and turn locks compared to the ones on manfrotto...gitzo's twist lock system is very very fast to use...slight twist will be unlock...slight twist back will be locked solid...not like benro...where u have to turn and turn till real tight before its locked well, i believe u would grow to prefer gitzo's lock...haha

Not sure how much cheaper. But that is what I heard from some clubsnappers. They say around 30% cheaper. Anyway, I going there. So no harm checking out.

Seems like 1541T is the best option.

Dun forget to get a compatible ballhead so that the legs will have fit close when you fold with ballhead attached with.......

Pls update us the price in HK when u come back :)

Last edited:

Thanks for the link. The spec is really good. but then around 130g heavier than the 'T' version.

Dun forget to get a compatible ballhead so that the legs will have fit close when you fold with ballhead attached with.......

Pls update us the price in HK when u come back :)

Sure. May I know which ball head would you recommend to go with the 1541T and 1540?

Sure. May I know which ball head would you recommend to go with the 1541T and 1540?

Markins Q3T.... recommended for best stability up to 200mm lens

Status
Not open for further replies.