Which game console will you choose?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
If you got a chance to own just 1 game console, which will you choose?

Please state your reasons too.

Thanks.

A top end PC.

So that my PS won't lag so much. I'll never use it for games anyways! :bsmilie:

Sony PS3. ;p

Dun really care very much abt which has more games content, the simple reason is that it's half the price of any other blu disk player available in the market today, and preferred over the XBOX HD DVD option due to the HDMI output and one box option..

Ability to play games, store 60GB of photos & video files and log on to the web are nice bonus, of course..

Just bot a plasma tv to replace a failing 10 yrs old crt monitor so a bit itchy to get a HD source.. dont want to pay high premium for adopting early and buy a dedicated player, so the ps3 seems to be the best option.. :think:

All. I must have all.

EDIT: Oh, just one. 360 then. A larger player and title base.

Wii is not in Singapore yet.
Ask again once people have a taste of it.

PS3.... solely and purely for GT5!!!!!!

PS3, the main reason is that the xbox 360 is an unreliable piece of hardware. Seriously, if you go to the local xbox forum, it is HARD to find even ONE person who had his xbox for 1 year and still not break down...... this is just shocking reliability statistics.

Wii.

Because it is intuitive and nothing can substitute it.

PS3 is just another computer. Whatever graphic you can say its so good and so good. Come on lah, you can anytime rig your computer to run those graphics.

XBOX360? Forget it. Microsoft. You think they care about getting games to you? They only wanted to dominate the world. When one day all uses microsoft, and they start charging $2k for each copy of windows. You will be trapped.

XBOX360? Forget it. Microsoft. You think they care about getting games to you? They only wanted to dominate the world. When one day all uses microsoft, and they start charging $2k for each copy of windows. You will be trapped.

Agreed. That is why I sold of my 360 and going to get Wii or PS3. The problem with Wii is that no LOCAL LAUNCH....

Yes. The problem with Wii or Nintendo is the crappy local agent we have in Singapore. The Nintendo fan club has already lodged complain and even petitions online to Nintendo HQ Japan.

However, this can't really solve a lot, because Nintendo has not decided to control Singapore market by themselves. And no agents wanted to take up the distributorship with a lot of investment to put into promotion as the other big boys with their own subsidaries here sure win in terms of fundings.

:think:

PS3. Software titles are limited now but as the machines are now more freely available, we can expect many more titles soon. Most important of all, this is the cheapest Blu-Ray player you can find and based on reviews so far, it is far quicker in loading than practically all standalone Blu-Ray players and its performance is equally sterling. Besides, it spots a HDMI1.3 output that is not even found in other Blu-Ray or HD-DVD players.

Even if there are more titles, those titles would most probably be imported from PC, or there will be the PC version.

Just waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out friendlier software... :D

Wii definitely.

Xbox is a Microsoft product.... PS3 is a Sony product...

'nuff said.

For me it will be PS3.. I have enjoyed my PS1 and PS2 tremendously and I believe PS3 will bring to me alot of fun in the future too.. But I wun purchase now, will hold on till the market for it become stable and all the good games start coming out.. The Nintendo Wii is good but I feel that Wii-remote is just a gimmicky way to play. Ya its fun and innovative initially but after playing long, u will feel sianz liao.. Anyway this is my personal views. I am not a fanboy of any brands coz I love my Nintendo DS too..:bsmilie:

Haha not really lah, I have grown used to playing original, so will get a PS3 inregardless of whether got the "transformation process".. I played original carts on my DS too leh..;p Gaming is still a cheaper hobby than photography..

You mean the mod chi...., never mind. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.