Which Gaffer Tapes to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishxtreme

Mar 17, 2006
Currently i can see alot of Brands for the Gaffer tapes selling in the market though no in Singapore.

Can i know what is the ideal gaffer tape or in another words, which brand of gaffer tapes is most suitable to our cam?

I maybe bringing in the gaffer tapes if i know the right one. Apollo Brand was the brand in CS MO.

Thanks

Apollo is not bad already

Sorry OT here...Can I get some gaffer tapes from you if you are bringing them in.

Apollo is not bad already

Apollo is quite hard to bring in to SGP. was think of getting anther brand but not sure which brand and type.. thus need help so that i can bring in the correct gaffer tapes for bros here..

Sorry OT here...Can I get some gaffer tapes from you if you are bringing them in.

sure if i have enough information on the types of gaffer tapes, i will definitely bring in.

Apollo is quite hard to bring in to SGP. was think of getting anther brand but not sure which brand and type.. thus need help so that i can bring in the correct gaffer tapes for bros here..

there is a local supplier for the Apollo brand.

but i lost the contact info already, or not can ask them sell in CS. ;p

there is a local supplier for the Apollo brand.

but i lost the contact info already, or not can ask them sell in CS. ;p

I have the contact. his name Colin. Contact him before, but now no reply from him. Will try to do so.

Is this brand good? Have anyone used it before. Cos i only know that the gaffer tape used commonly in CS bro is from Apollo.

I personally feel the RS Gaffar tape is not good. I peel off 1 piece from my camera body after 1 week and its already have sticky stuff on it. Its glue is white and very visible on the edges unlike the other brand (cant remember which brand) where the glue is black and not visible.

I personally feel the RS Gaffar tape is not good. I peel off 1 piece from my camera body after 1 week and its already have sticky stuff on it. Its glue is white and very visible on the edges unlike the other brand (cant remember which brand) where the glue is black and not visible.

Noted. Will try to bring in the apollo.. but other than apollo, any other good brands?

Anyone know about this brand

Matt 500 'Residue Resistant'

Magtape® Matt 500 retains the same high quality as 'Original', with the additional feature of a minimal 1.9% Reflection Ratio designed into its matt surface. Matt 500 was primarily designed for use within Film and Movie studios where its non reflective finish is extremely important.
MagTape® Matt 500 is stocked in 'log' rolls, allowing widths from 12mm-1200mm wide x 50m to be produced.

Adhesive Strength

Grade: Premium Hand Tearable

Roll Sizes:
12mm x 50m
25mm x 50m
50mm x 50m
75mm x 50m

Durability

Residue Resistance

Is anyone placing a mass order for the Apollo tape?

I am trying to bring in the apollo tape. Still in talk with the supplier.

Price will be somewhere from $38 to $40. CHeaper than last MO which is $42.

i hope i can get this for the benefits of all bros.

aptap-gaf-bla-s.gif

Just want to confirm with bro who have bought the apollo gaffer thru the MO last time, is this the gaffer tapes from apollo

Manage to get 24 pcs Apollo Gaffer tapes. You can go to the link and order yours now.

The next stock will be in about 1 month time.

Thanks
John

The best gaffer tape money can buy is made in Japan by 3M/Sumitomo Corp. Very strong and yet easy to peel. Does not leave sticky marks at all. It costs almost S$60-S$70 for a 50m roll.

The best gaffer tape money can buy is made in Japan by 3M/Sumitomo Corp. Very strong and yet easy to peel. Does not leave sticky marks at all. It costs almost S$60-S$70 for a 50m roll.

may i know which one is that? 3m has tons of different kinds of tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.