Which Fuji neg film is good???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kongg

Feb 8, 2002
Ang Mo Kio outskirts
kongg.clubsnap.org
I seldom use negs film now. Would like to enquire with Neg users as to which Fuji Neg film would u pple recommend. ie Superia???Pls advise

Originally posted by kongg
I seldom use negs film now. Would like to enquire with Neg users as to which Fuji Neg film would u pple recommend. ie Superia???Pls advise

What's the kind of photography that you'll find yourself in? Outdoor? If yes, I'd use Reala! ;)

Originally posted by kongg

Portrait/Wedding : NPH 400
General high speed : Superia XTRA 400
General medium speed : Superia 200
Low light high speed : Press 800 (sometimes push to 1600).

Avoid Kodak MAX 400.

Regards
CK

Fuji NPH rated at 250 is excellent for portraits. As for higher speed film, I love Kodak Supra 800 and I rate it at 500-640 since it does not tolerate underexposure at all. Fuji NPZ (800) is a superb film but you have to import it - the local shops dont stock it.

Originally posted by ckiang

Portrait/Wedding : NPH 400
General high speed : Superia XTRA 400
General medium speed : Superia 200
Low light high speed : Press 800 (sometimes push to 1600).

Avoid Kodak MAX 400.

Regards
CK

Did anyone use Superia 100 before?
Wonder how good will it be compared with Superia 200.
Anyone care to comment on it?

Kongg, check out fuji website, it tells your wat flims/slides for what occasion. Actually Reala is more suitable for Portrait as in the website.

Originally posted by ckiang

Simple. Buy ISO 100 film, set your camera to ISO 64. Shoot away. But DON'T tell the lab you've changed the ISO setting.

Regards
CK
i see :D
so what kinda effect do i get?

Originally posted by zhapchit

i see :D
so what kinda effect do i get?

It's only to use the film at it's "correct speed". A lot of times, ISO 400 film is not really ISO 400, but ISO 250 or 320. By using it at ISO 320/250, you get a more correct exposure. Also, for negative film, underexposure is very bad, but negative film can handle quite a bit of overexposure. Setting a lower ISO can help prevent underexposure.

That said, it's still important to get your exposure correct, whether you are re-rating your film or not.

Regards
CK

Anybody got the Fuji film chart/booklet that shows all the technical data of Fuji films?

Status
Not open for further replies.