which formula (powder milk) you feed you baby/toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my elder son got allergy...so soya all the way....must have been good nutrients...now 45kg at 8years 10mths old - 1.43m tall...

My child's milk was decided by the pediatrician. She switched brands on the second day. I forgot to ask why... :)

my elder son got allergy...so soya all the way....must have been good nutrients...now 45kg at 8years 10mths old - 1.43m tall...

isn't isomil baby powder?

Shouldnt you consult your pedia first? :)

did but no clear answer. in fact told me it does not matter. but so far ppl around me seem to have a preference so i raise the question here too.

My baby boy borned prematurely weighing 1.37kg, discharged from hospital after 37days with 1.8kg, breast feeding for 6 months, Similac NeoSure (only for premature or low weight baby) for 6 months, now 14 months, taking Enfapro A+.

For normal baby, I think any formula will be fine.

My child's milk was decided by the pediatrician. She switched brands on the second day. I forgot to ask why... :)

At birth, the nurses asked us what we wanna give to bb apart from breast milk. we blur blur dunno so anyhow picked randomly so tilll now dunno if the formula is good or not , and pedia didn't comment either.

err..yes my son had Isomil...soy-based...sorry about misspells as Soya..

BB in different stages sometimes do require diff milk formulas....for my 2nd son..it is determined by colour of poo....hardness of poo....etc...we have instances of buying one whole tin...after 1 day...whole tin is unsuited and thrown away....

err..yes my son had Isomil...soy-based...sorry about misspells as Soya..

BB in different stages sometimes do require diff milk formulas....for my 2nd son..it is determined by colour of poo....hardness of poo....etc...we have instances of buying one whole tin...after 1 day...whole tin is unsuited and thrown away....

I tried one brand which leads to very smelly & greenish poo... and after one can never bought more of it.... one can was too much :p

Hi, Connor

Did you know that sometimes you can get free samples of formula just by calling up the milk manufacturers? They are very keen to get business from you and can send free samples for you to try. Even signing up at a baby product launch can sometimes get calls from formula companies asking if i want to try their product. Do google around for the contacts.

P.S. I'm not promoting formula here, I'm pro breast-feeding. Unfortunately I keep getting calls and promo advertisements from formula manufacturers. :p

Hi, Connor

Did you know that sometimes you can get free samples of formula just by calling up the milk manufacturers? They are very keen to get business from you and can send free samples for you to try. Even signing up at a baby product launch can sometimes get calls from formula companies asking if i want to try their product. Do google around for the contacts.

P.S. I'm not promoting formula here, I'm pro breast-feeding. Unfortunately I keep getting calls and promo advertisements from formula manufacturers. :p

yes indeed. often at the baby fairs they have promoters giving out samples, or helping parents (to-be) to register for samples. Once a promoter chased me and convinced me to take can of formula from Friso ... she was persistent and helpful :) One can is $25-$30!

Mine was Nestle Nan from day one, however it was hard to find in some places. Then switched to Durex Mamil, noticed improvement over her poo timing and hardness. When having Nan, my baby girl would poo once in two or three days and have difficulty doing so because too hard. Switched over and she having regular daily poo. Possibly Nan too heaty....

buy "Niu Nai Liang" when poo gets too hard....

Do get your wife to breast feed your baby. That is indeed the best milk.

As far as milk formulas are concerned, I think you have already figured it out. It's all about marketing and advertisements. Different babies respond to different milk differently. If your baby is handling the milk well, ie. no vomiting, diarrhoea and is gaining weight well, that milk should be ok.

There are certain 'special' milk formulas that are used for special circumstances, eg. babies with particular problems like cow's milk allergy, prematurity, etc. You should consult your paediatrician regarding this.

Hope this helps.

:)

Do get your wife to breast feed your baby. That is indeed the best milk.

As far as milk formulas are concerned, I think you have already figured it out. It's all about marketing and advertisements. Different babies respond to different milk differently. If your baby is handling the milk well, ie. no vomiting, diarrhoea and is gaining weight well, that milk should be ok.

There are certain 'special' milk formulas that are used for special circumstances, eg. babies with particular problems like cow's milk allergy, prematurity, etc. You should consult your paediatrician regarding this.

Hope this helps.
:)

Thanks eng_keow. My baby only vomited a handful of times since birth, so I take it as no issue with the formula I am using. Once she squirted the milk out like a fountain. come to think of it, it looked comical!

Take note of the component Fat - amount per 100g. Some can be 100-150% higher than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.