Which firewire CF Card Reader would you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosu_John

Aug 11, 2004
www.blackbistro.com
I'm looking to buy a firewire card reader for CF cards at the SITEX. Any good recommendations?

All comments n opinions are more than welcome. :)

I am using the Lexar Firewire CF card reader (old version). It's fast and good. The new version looks sleeker and smaller, but it's the same goodness in the box. :)

Alternatively, try the Belkin.

AJ23 said:
I am using the Lexar Firewire CF card reader (old version). It's fast and good. The new version looks sleeker and smaller, but it's the same goodness in the box. :)

Alternatively, try the Belkin.

Hi AJ,

thank you for your recommendations. :) Would you happen to know the price and storebooth which is selling this at SITEX? Your help is much appreciated!

Gosu_John said:
Hi AJ,

thank you for your recommendations. :) Would you happen to know the price and storebooth which is selling this at SITEX? Your help is much appreciated!

The Lexar FW CF reader should be around $70+. Not too sure about which booth in SITEX selling though.

Belkin got a booth in SITEX.

AJ23 said:
The Lexar FW CF reader should be around $70+. Not too sure about which booth in SITEX selling though.

Belkin got a booth in SITEX.

The Lexar Firewire CF Card Reader has dropped to $49. Check out EastGear's booth :)

AJ: Thank you once again. My exams end on 29th. Not sure if the promotions are still on at Eastgear after that. Unless I find a kind soul to buy for me. :think:

casey: That sounds great! I will be getting my 4 2500 Sanyo Batteries and the Maha charger as well for my SB-800. Who ever said that digital photography was cheap? :bsmilie:

ok.
watch out for those "no brand" card readers.

Some of them needs u to insert the card 1st into the card reader, then plug the card reader into the computer. And this is not how a card reader is supposed to work. I regret getting a no brand reader, hope u don't.

AReality said:
ok.
watch out for those "no brand" card readers.

Some of them needs u to insert the card 1st into the card reader, then plug the card reader into the computer. And this is not how a card reader is supposed to work. I regret getting a no brand reader, hope u don't.

Hi AReality,

point noted. :) Thanks for letting everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.