Which film camera to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Jun 23, 2006
Singapore
www.amandaherbert.com
Hi all,

I've just started a year long photography course and the first two weeks are in film. I am really struggling with almost every aspect of it.

At the moment I am using my sisters camera and I think I need to buy one myself to get some practise in.

I am considering a Nikon F90X (purely because I am reading a book and the author used this for his shots).

I would like auto focus and to be compatible (?) with my current Nikon lenses (DX and G).

Thanks for any feedback, Mandy

My APAD: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461995&page=12

saw this post first then saw your post in my apad. :D

honestly, cos i am using canon, i am not very familiar with nikon film cameras.

but the f90 has af. only issue is using dx lenses on it.

You won't be able to use most of your DX lenses with a film SLR. But G lenses should work with the more modern film ones... not sure about the F90x though. Google it! I'm sure it's easy-to-find information. =)

Try Cash Converters! ;)

I got my Minolta Dynax 5 + kit lens (very clean, only with some dust), except for the lens cap is spoilt.
Only @ <$100!! :D

Maybe you can be as lucky as me? ;)

No, F90X is still using non G lenses, all the lenses need aperture ring, else you only stuck with one aperture setting since there is no sub command dial to adjust aperture on a F90X.

you are better of using F80 or F100 if you want to use G lenses.
btw, 35mm film format same like FX on DSLR, using DX lenses on film SLR will suffer from vignetting like this.

Thanks for all your quick replies - I'm still confused - but at least I have some pointers now.

cheers Mandy

PS - if any one has more insights, please do post!

F90X is a pretty nice camera though I personally like the F100 for it's more chunky grip and feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.