Which Fast access Camera Pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found four different packs and would like your opinions on them. It would be to hold 4 lens with one DSLR plus a few accessories. Ease of use, comfort for a whole day etc.
-ThinkTank Rotation360
-Lowepro Slingshot
-Lowepro Fastpack
-Tamrac Velocity

i have fastpack 350 and slingshot 300. The fastpack is a slightly tighter fit, but has compartments to carry other stuff. It's easier to carry vs the slingshot because it is a backpack.

fastpack 350

Slingshot for the easy rotation from front to back.

The other one i to use overseas is the Off Trail. Lets me change lenses on the go.

Ryan

I have a Fastpack 350 for traveling overseas. It is a lot more comfortable to have a back pack when traveling. However, Slingshot is more for walk around with light camera equipment and easy access. It will get a bit tiring if you carrying heavy lenses in the Slingshot since you are carrying the whole weight with one shoulder.

It really depends on what equipment you are carrying. Most people will have more than one bag to suit their different occasions.

Fastpack for me. Its a backpack, thus more confortable to carry. Its got a quick access section thus I don't lose all that much in quick access to my camera. Its got a separate section for other items AND a laptop, perfect for day trips.

The camera pack which the word 'fast' in it.

I have a fastpack350 also and am loving it~!
I bring it to school with me with a laptop, dslr+lens, plus some books and misc stuffs like umbrella, pencil case, jacket....

Though i agree that the fastpack offers fast access, i think it will be a tight squeeze if you want to fit 4 lens inside it.. though still possible if the lens are small lenses like.. tamron 90.. :bsmilie:..

The fastpack350 would be ideal, as they said, for a day trip.. and its quite comfortable to carry all day too..

I have a fastpack350 also and am loving it~!
I bring it to school with me with a laptop, dslr+lens, plus some books and misc stuffs like umbrella, pencil case, jacket....

Though i agree that the fastpack offers fast access, i think it will be a tight squeeze if you want to fit 4 lens inside it.. though still possible if the lens are small lenses like.. tamron 90.. :bsmilie:..

The fastpack350 would be ideal, as they said, for a day trip.. and its quite comfortable to carry all day too..

Actually, if you rearrange the inside such that when you open the quick access and all the rear lens cap face you, it can fit a 70-200 F2.8 IS and flash on 1 side and smaller lenses on the other.

Seems like all of us love the fastpack 350 :)

Yeah, I've been looking for years for such a bag to be in the market and it has finally appeared! All the advantages of a backpack and slingbag rolled into one.

I :heart: my fastpack :lovegrin:

ThinkTank Rotation 360 works well for me. The other 3 bags I used to owned but end up with only the ThinkTank Rotation 360.

Can the Fastpack 350 hold two medium sized bodies with lens attached, plus one spare lens and a flash unit?

Is it easy to change lens *while you are carrying the Fastpack?
And is the Fastpack highly water-resistant? Does it have weather-sealed seams?
Thanks.

Is it easy to change lens *while you are carrying the Fastpack?
And is the Fastpack highly water-resistant? Does it have weather-sealed seams?
Thanks.

You can chk out the usage video and product specs here
http://products.lowepro.com/product/Fastpack-350,2087.htm

It is weather proof, (small drips ok). I walked 1 snowing day in Japan with it, gear was dry. Has no rain cover. For weather sealed, you have to go for vertex series

For heavy rains, you can buy those haversack rain covers for it.

I have seen the video and I can see that it is quite fast and easy to get the camera out from the bag while carrying it.
I would like to know, from those who have the Fastpack, is it easy to change lens while carrying the bag? Or is it even possible?

I have seen the video and I can see that it is quite fast and easy to get the camera out from the bag while carrying it.
I would like to know, from those who have the Fastpack, is it easy to change lens while carrying the bag? Or is it even possible?

Changing lens could be a hassle, the flap over the compartment prevent items from falling out at the same time you will have difficulty accessing the lens.

You will need to unbuckle both clips inorder to unzip further to gain access to items which post a danger of them falling out.

To me the bag give you fast access to you camera but not really for lens changing.

1 more thing, the fastpack 250 does feel heavy when a laptop together with battery & adapter.

You need some preparations if you expect to change lens often. What I do is take out the camera and put the lens which I'll be using later into the camera slot. So you just need to open up the flap to gain access to it.

Changing lens could be a hassle, the flap over the compartment prevent items from falling out at the same time you will have difficulty accessing the lens.

You will need to unbuckle both clips inorder to unzip further to gain access to items which post a danger of them falling out.

To me the bag give you fast access to you camera but not really for lens changing.

1 more thing, the fastpack 250 does feel heavy when a laptop together with battery & adapter.

I think any bag will feel heavy if you put in a laptop with battery and adaptor and DSLR+ lenses. At least it's a backpack with thick straps and chest straps. It makes carrying easier.

Changing of lens is could be done, not much more difficult than a slingbag.
You have to rearrange the flaps, just like for the rearrangement for slingshot from the stock arrangement ( you can find the rearrangement on the web), such that when you unzip the little flap to take out your camera, the rear caps of the lenses face you.
So, there is a switch of orientation from the stock configuration, 90Deg towards you.

So, you can access your lenses without unbuckling at all.

It can fit my 40D with 70-200 f2.8 IS mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.