Which eye do you use?

Which eye do you use more often to view through your viewfinder.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Southbeach

Aug 11, 2009
Sunny Singapore!
Hey guys, was looking through a thread just a few minutes ago about using your right or left eye when you view through your viewfinder. It never really came across my mind about which eye you use. So anyways decided to post a poll to see how many of yall are lefties like me! :D

P.s. to the TS of that thread, if you feel that my post is in anyway infringing or in anyway harmful to you, please do inform me and i will remove it without further question ;)

no worries, it is just an interesting thing to talk about...good to have a poll :D

Lol.. Left master eye. Means I'd need a deflector to shoot. =D NSMen would know what I mean, haha..

Anyway, good thing is that I can effectively hide my face behind my cam. Bad thing is that I get an oily / sweaty LCD very darn often..

What's the meaning of FTW?:dunno:

FTW means "friend the world". but most people substitute another f word for friend haha

Use left eye most of the time. :)

Hey guys, was looking through a thread just a few minutes ago about using your right or left eye when you view through your viewfinder. It never really came across my mind about which eye you use. So anyways decided to post a poll to see how many of yall are lefties like me! :D

P.s. to the TS of that thread, if you feel that my post is in anyway infringing or in anyway harmful to you, please do inform me and i will remove it without further question ;)

never expected majority to use left eye...

I use my right eye, my master eye. But I am left-handed. My brain is cross-wired or something.

Lol.. Left master eye. Means I'd need a deflector to shoot. =D NSMen would know what I mean, haha..

Anyway, good thing is that I can effectively hide my face behind my cam. Bad thing is that I get an oily / sweaty LCD very darn often..

:thumbsup:

left master eye, right-handed

i recently switched from looking through the viewfinder using left eye to right eye. now i use mostly right eye cos i can see both the viewfinder and the actual scene. i'll switch to left eye if i want to see only the viewfinder cos i can't close my left eye and keep my right eye open.

Right.I just answered the poll and its 50-50 now...

LOL, this question was asked by a participant in the recent Canon Adventure Photography Seminar. By a show of hands during the seminar, most participants use their right eye.

Haha, im left and ambidextrous. though i use my right hand for quite a hell lot of things. Oh and btw my FTW meant "For The Win".

Looks like theres a fair share of left and right eyed peeps out there, would be nice to see if looking through your left eye made you smarter or dumber or something ;p . Gonna start digging through the net for this :D

I'm right handed, using the right eye. Just a matter of habit, though from casually trying out, I seem to be able to shoot OK using my left eye too.

i have perfected the art of rapidly shifting the viewfinder to my left and right eye

that way, i can see deeper perspectives in life, and shoot more artistic pictures of xmm with their chest area in proper focus.

try it some time, it is strenuous on the fingers, but it works. :)

Oh my God. Not another one of these threads.
'nuff said.