Which Epson scanner model is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Mainly to scan images from CD album and submit to printers. At times, there's photos as well. Need something good that can produce high resolution.

I am looking at Epson V700 and V500. Which one is much recommended? Any shop to recommend as well? After sale service is very important for my company as we need to clean the glass panel too.

The one that we got from HP, told us that the panel cannot be clean as he cannot take out since there's no screw. The only way is to change the entire top panel (the scanning glass) and cost damage is $400+.

Am looking at Epson but had no idea abt the make.

Im also looking for an Epson scanner. After some looking around, it seems that if you are looking strictly for flatbed scanning like CD albums, A4 documents, etc, then you might save some money by getting a flatbed scanner instead of a combi flatbed/negative scanner. You will not sacrifice quality. Both V500 and V700 I believe are the combination kind which cost more than normal flatbeds. The combis are more flexible however if/when you think you need to scan negatives in the future. Sorry that's all I know at the moment hope it helps.

It's ok. I think my coy will go for V700 if budget approve since we do have negatives and slide to scan from. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.