Which editing software to use.

its not the speed that i m complaining about but the color is not as rich and somehow not as bright so doing processing rather difficult.

I suspect that it's the screen that you have issue with. Many old laptops have cheap screens that displays different colors at different viewing angles too.

I suspect that it's the screen that you have issue with. Many old laptops have cheap screens that displays different colors at different viewing angles too.

that's right so m thinking of replacing it with a desk top with a bigger screen...and need advice on which system is best suit for post processing.

that's right so m thinking of replacing it with a desk top with a bigger screen...and need advice on which system is best suit for post processing.

Personally, I will go for a Windows 7, i7, ssd, a mid tier graphics setup. It's good enough for both general use and photo editing. For screens, you can look at Dell ultrasharp series. Or those ips monitors. These will ensure you have consistent viewing of colours at any angle. Should roughly cost around 2.3k

richardlim31 said:

U can just buy a gd monitor & connect when doing pp.

U can just buy a gd monitor & connect when doing pp.

thanks skystrike and huatman will look into both ur suggest
flickr.com/photos/96094793@N02/9783365455/
sample of what i mean by my laptop not so good in pp the exposure and color differ from my office computer

Discussed in Digital Darkroom. Get a screen with IPS panel, Dell Ultrasharp series are good. Order online with home delivery.
Forget about shiny displays as you see from Apple and others. The reflections are quite annoying.
Do get the screen calibrated.

Discussed in Digital Darkroom. Get a screen with IPS panel, Dell Ultrasharp series are good. Order online with home delivery.
Forget about shiny displays as you see from Apple and others. The reflections are quite annoying.
Do get the screen calibrated.

well do...thanks guys

Agree with Octarine on the calibrated monitor.

just like buy an expensive sport car but the engine is not tune up and types are not well balanced...........is useless.

Anyway anyone know where to buy Lightroom 5 software?

Hi masters @ Clubsnap. I'm a new photographer and currently using the canon default software to edit my photos. Like to enquire with you guys which is a better editing software for amateur?

How IT savvy you are ?
Does computer applications scare you ?
What is the level of editing you want for your photos ?