Which dvd writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Since my older dvd writer from mitsubishi DVDRW424 getting choosy on the blank discs it want to burn on.
Can someone help me on which burner is most versatile? Here are some of the DVD writers availabe in the market: Pioneer A09/109, Samsung TS-H552U, Asus DR1608P, or any other brand you can recommend?

Benign said:
Since my older dvd writer from mitsubishi DVDRW424 getting choosy on the blank discs it want to burn on.
Can someone help me on which burner is most versatile? Here are some of the DVD writers availabe in the market: Pioneer A09/109, Samsung TS-H552U, Asus DR1608P, or any other brand you can recommend?

Why not try updating your writer firmware? :D

It seems that LiteOn ones are the most crack-able !! meaning u can get unofficial upgrades and suchs.

Better do more research before deciding on the brands and models (i felt that deciding on the brand is more tough.)

Anyway i've also recently bought a Sony DVD-writer (my friend psycho me buy de -.-")

I got myself the 16x16 Pioneer DVD Writer. Silent & Fast. No regrats to date.

Which model is it? A09 or 109?

Why not try updating your writer firmware?

Hmmm, where to find it? I search under google...still come out blank. Think the support for this drive is zilch lor :thumbsd:

im using the 8x and 16x Dual layer from TDK (black panel), so far so good. very reliable, noise is ok and good looks for black PCs.

Benign said:

get the pioneer.

compared with other brands, generally, it is not the fastest but one of the more reliable ones and certainly the quietest.

Think most likely I will rest on Asus DRW1608P liao.....went through two overseas reviews and one Oz review. all stated the drive is a speed demon, DL burning at 6X speed plus support from Asus website as well.......Since I am on Asus MB and display card too....maybe more compatible lor. :sweat:

The two overseas review:

http://www.compshopper.co.uk/shopper/labs/72730/asus-drw1608p.html

http://www.custompc.co.uk/custompc/reviews/71465/asus-drw1608p.html

I think compared to last week, my side(Melb) DVD writers seemed to drop abt 15% in price..... :bsmilie:

tao said:
get the pioneer.

compared with other brands, generally, it is not the fastest but one of the more reliable ones and certainly the quietest.

yeap pioneer gives very reliable burns.

Pioneer A08 will be more stable burns, so far no excessive coasters.
;)

Pinoy_SAP said:
im using the 8x and 16x Dual layer from TDK (black panel), so far so good. very reliable, noise is ok and good looks for black PCs.
Kudo to TDK!! :thumbsup:
Very reliable!

chii said:
yeap pioneer gives very reliable burns.

Pioneer A08 will be more stable burns, so far no excessive coasters.
;)

I agree 100%. It is one of the best DVD writers in the market, something like a 'darkhorse'. Can't understand why so many people must base their buying decisions on those reviews, esp when it is clear that in the capitalist world of today, the more marketing dollars the manufacturers put in, the better their products will be reviewed. :rolleyes:

buy TDK. solid drive

No one mentioned Hitachi LG 16x SuperMulti DVD/CD RW??? Dual Layer capable too. no coasters also.

and no one mention plextor at all?
king sia

Drudkh said:
any brand but not Sony.

That means LiteOn also should be avoided, as Sony is rebadged of LiteOn.

Btw, you know u can flash it easily as its a LiteOn? :sticktong

Dun think TDK is that popular down here. Most of the stores are selling Liteon, Samsung, Pioneer, Sony and LG. I only spot one of the store selling Asus. Plextor is not common here too.....
Anyway, the reason why I went out looking for dvd writer coz I bought ten packs of TDK DVDRW rewriteable discs and it cost me $30.
Now my DVD writer rendered unsatisfactory coz of them.
So I have to again go out to source a $100 plus latest version DVD writer as a result.

In first place, I shouldn't have bought the rewriteable...... :sticktong

Such is life..... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.