Which DSLR uses AA batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongkmeng

Jul 25, 2002
Visit site
Can some1 advise which DSLR models are using AA batteries ? Prefer rechargeable NiMH AA (not araldy at 2700mAh) then the Li Ion.

If you attach a battery grip to some cameras, perhaps they would also allow the use of AA batteries? I think this may be the case for at least the Canon 30D (because I just saw one).

pentax k100d... no need grip

If you attach a battery grip to some cameras, perhaps they would also allow the use of AA batteries? I think this may be the case for at least the Canon 30D (because I just saw one).

Canon 350D also can with the Grip.

You won't go wrong with the Pentax K100D. ;)

I believe the Nikon's D200 and D80's camera grip allows usage of AA batteries (6pcs).

eos 20d, 30d, 350d

May be you want to share with us what is your concerns so that the rest could give you more informative input.

Makes me think of 1D and 1Ds...

Nikon D70 too.

Li-ion batteries usually comes with customised circuitry that help the camera to determine more accurately the amount of charge left in the batteries.

BC

i think the reason why the thread starter ask this question abt AA batteries is very simple. AA batteries are much cheaper than the li-ion ones.... $90 for a EN-L3 =_=

i considered that before too... anyway, to threadstarter: dslr that can use battery grip can take AA batts..

Nikon D70 too.

Li-ion batteries usually comes with customised circuitry that help the camera to determine more accurately the amount of charge left in the batteries.

BC

I believe the D70 battery holder is meant for CR2 and not AA

i am sure you are looking for cameras where you can just switch AA batts when power runs out.

but in case you didnt know

the entire canon 1 series bodies use AA batteries

there are 10 AA pack into the brick battery that the 1 series body use

cheers

I myself also prefer cams powered by AA batteries. Because it is very flexible, some time the main battery flat, still can just go and buy cheap AA batteries from any small shop to find back up ones..

Problem is.... AA batteries run down much faster than Li-on. And carrying them is a real PITA.

Ask those who have to carry 8 or 16 AA, esp for wedding shoots... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.