Which DSLR to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxIIS

Jun 22, 2006
sengkeng
i have been wondering which DSLR to buy now buy which brand is good for a newBie cannon 350D or nikon D50/D70s? need u all bro that have own this machine to give me advise.

maxIIS said:
i have been wondering which DSLR to buy now buy which brand is good for a newBie cannon 350D or nikon D50/D70s? need u all bro that have own this machine to give me advise.
You must try Nikon D50/D70s and Canon 350D, read the review on the net (google it, thousand of information on the net), and decide yourself which one is better.

You must also considering the whole system, not just a camera.

Regards,
Arto.

There are many DSLR in the market out there. All have their good points and bad points. Do some research to see which DSLR matches your need and budjet. As Artosoft said you are buying into a system so selct carefully. Here a link which does a pretty comprehensive test:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_digpro.html

Hello,

Maybe if you wanna buy used ones to try out first. Just in case you might decide to switch brand later.

maxIIS said:

There is ample information available, both reviews, personal experiences, advice etc both on this forum and the internet in general to make an informed decision.

Happy shopping.:)

i think you do a search, you can find a lot of stuff on this topic. then all the N vs C things will come out!

haa haa.....

I like 350D's CMOS and low noise, but I like D70's good control layout and its 18-70 kit lens. Both cams would not disappoint you, give it a try at the shop.

I recommend 30D with kit lens....

after a while u grow tired the lens u buy a better one...

I bought the 300D, upgraded to the 20D and now I own the 30D. My advice: Go straight for the 30D to save $$$ on upgrades ;) Go for body only and buy a good lens. Most likely you will trash the kit lens and waste $$$ to buy a better one. BTW I am biased towards Canon because it is made in Japan.

Stick to your budget. Dont buy what is best. Buy what is suitable for you. The equipment is usually better than the photographer. Dont chase for the best equipment but chase for the photographs.
http://singaporephoto.blogspot.com

joeyao said:
I bought the 300D, upgraded to the 20D and now I own the 30D. My advice: Go straight for the 30D to save $$$ on upgrades ;) Go for body only and buy a good lens. Most likely you will trash the kit lens and waste $$$ to buy a better one. BTW I am biased towards Canon because it is made in Japan.

30D....no point get the 350D or D70s/50 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If 350D is an option, do include the grip. Makes a world of diff.

Advice: Go down to the shop, ask for both cams (make sure 350D is mounted with grip), blindfold yourself, feel both cameras, pick the one that feels better, come back to clubsnap to join the forum of your chosen camera to explore the camera more. You would have made the right choice.

i tried b4 D50, D70, D70s, 350D, 20D. well, still like nikon 's feel.... but its jus the matter of getting used to. for D70 and D50, there is no vertical grip. so if u cant live without one, then go for canon lor, which have for even 350D, which imho feels lousy without it. cos too small.

zcwnfx said:
i tried b4 D50, D70, D70s, 350D, 20D. well, still like nikon 's feel.... but its jus the matter of getting used to. for D70 and D50, there is no vertical grip. so if u cant live without one, then go for canon lor, which have for even 350D, which imho feels lousy without it. cos too small.

er...once you try the 30D.. you will like it straight away :thumbsup: ...just like the D200... :bsmilie:

my fren getting it soon. maybe can try out. but i too used to the controls on nikon liao. think i will get frustrated becos i cant control it easily. haa haa.....

well, i think all also good lah. jus the person buying must think its good can liao.

D200 is a dream now to me. promise my gf that i wont spend too much on my camera stuff. will work on my skills.

Hi there,

I see many pose the same question, " should I buy a Canon 350D or a Nikon D70".

If you were here in Australia and asking what car you suggest, it is like "should I buy a Holden or a Falcon".

Sorry for the example as I don't know the 2 most popular cars there ..... but !

I don't see the question..."a Canon 350D, a Nikon D70 or an Olympus E500"

Just like I don't see... "A Falcon, a Holden or a Mitsubishi" here.

By looking outside the, "hey the pro's use one square", you will find some very worthy cameras and cars.

Cheers :)

Yo bro i think i better go for a test out 1st.i do some researh about 350D and D50/D70 but it they all have their good point and bad point too. really hard to decide my bugde is around 1.6k. really tml sure go for a shopping trip

Got 1 way to be sure. Maybe you wanna consider paying a small fee to loan these camera so that you can try it out on your own. There are a number of people who loan out their equipment here for a nominal fee. Do a serach and you should find it. For spending just a small sum, it is better than buying when not sure and regretting later.

maxIIS said:
Yo bro i think i better go for a test out 1st.i do some researh about 350D and D50/D70 but it they all have their good point and bad point too. really hard to decide my bugde is around 1.6k. really tml sure go for a shopping trip

ianpaice said:
Got 1 way to be sure. Maybe you wanna consider paying a small fee to loan these camera so that you can try it out on your own. There are a number of people who loan out their equipment here for a nominal fee. Do a serach and you should find it. For spending just a small sum, it is better than buying when not sure and regretting later.

+1. good advice..

i got My D50 today i buy it for 1k student price lol. from this shop at penisula plaza. got a wide angle len too and spare bat around 1.2k all together. :D now keep trying the button on the D50 hahah thank u all bro for advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.