Which DSLR should I Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoProZero

Jan 25, 2007
NorthEast
Hi All, Im planning to invest in one DSLR - Choice is Canon; Nikon or Fuji...any recommendations? :)

This is really a very hard question to answer.

It all depends on the following factors:
- What feature do you need
- What feature can you live without (accepting limitations of a certain camera)
- What is your brand preferences? (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Panasonic, Sony..etc)
- What's your budget?

This is really a very hard question to answer.

It all depends on the following factors:
- What feature do you need
- What feature can you live without (accepting limitations of a certain camera)
- What is your brand preferences? (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji, Panasonic, Sony..etc)
- What's your budget?

I think the most important factor to consider is your budget.

Then consider what features you need.

Another question for you to think about is on what occasions/events do you normally need to use your future DSLR?

i am a canon user,

1)nikon last longer and it is very strong build (more towards the body)
2)canon has better technology and $ of the cam drops fast due to new cam body coming out fast

You have to make a choice on which one you one. even if you buy a super ex cam but can't shoot it makes no difference. i am trying to say the cam should enable you to create what you want to capture. so try the cam out in the shops if you want to be sure rent them for a day and try them out.

Happy Shopping !

look at what u will want to shoot then look at the lenses that each brand has. then make your decision.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the information!!! :D

Actually, I'm very new to DSLR as well. I like to shoot scenery and Buildings, not so much on portrait. Venturing into B & W as well. I do have a budget constraint, but with the current Nikon D40 that has dropped, I'm considering this cam. However, I realise that no one has spoken abt Fuji. Im using F31fd currently, and I love the colours and sharpness... Im not sure how difficult it is to switch from a P&S to a DSLR...:dunno:

Hi Snoweagle, where can I try these cams out? ;)

At almost all major camera stores. Your "what DSLR to buy" question pops up at least once a week, so you're going to get the exact same advice that's been repeated ad nauseum:

1. Figure out if you really need a DSLR
2. Figure out your budget; consider the cost of accessories, flash, lenses.
3. Based on budget, narrow the list of cameras. Then compare the feature set of the cameras in your budget to see which one you think you'd make the most use of.
4. Go and TRY all the cameras. Feel them in your hand. You'd be amazed how important it is for a camera to feel good in your hands.
5. And don't limit yourself... Fuji uses the same body and lenses as Nikon, there's Canon, Sony, Olympus, Pentax... Give them all a try.
6. TAKE YOUR TIME. Do not let the salesperson pressure you with their "now only deals" or "special accessories". Give the cameras a try, and think about it for a couple days. Think of which camera left the best impression on you.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the information!!! :D

Actually, I'm very new to DSLR as well. I like to shoot scenery and Buildings, not so much on portrait. Venturing into B & W as well. I do have a budget constraint, but with the current Nikon D40 that has dropped, I'm considering this cam. However, I realise that no one has spoken abt Fuji. Im using F31fd currently, and I love the colours and sharpness... Im not sure how difficult it is to switch from a P&S to a DSLR...:dunno:

if u are on a tight budget, forget abt fuji slrs. they will be too ex for u. go to best denki at vivo. they got the cams on display. fiddle with them. don't buy from them. :nono:

I just bought my first DSLR a month ago, and I feel that by reading up the camera specs and testing,feeling the camers yourself works best. :) Bought mine at John 3:16 at Funan, the people there are great, gives good advices and allows you to test their cameras.

I just bought my first DSLR a month ago, and I feel that by reading up the camera specs and testing,feeling the camers yourself works best. :) Bought mine at John 3:16 at Funan, the people there are great, gives good advices and allows you to test their cameras.

Ive gt a friend who recommended Peninsula Plaza The Camera Workshop ;) Im very keen to try and test these cameras...Thanks for the "lobang"

For new go to John 3:16, reasonable prices and u can trust them, never go to sim lim or some of the shady shops at peninsula, the ones along the entrance. Might want to consider a 2nd hand d80 or d200, or even a D40X which is really easy to pick up!

K100D is a value for $ camera for a newbie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.