Which DSLR combination to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to own a Olmypus E-410 which is comparitively worst. Although olympus has the art filters but still lousy.

Again.. WHAT?

If you can get a new 500D body only for 800, do tell us of how to get it as I'm sure the demand for 500D bodies will increase overnight. 800 will only get you a D80.

Last edited:
Actually no i'm comparing the EOS 500D to the horribly acclamed Olympus.

A March 2009 canon body vs. a March 2007 Oly body? 2 years is a lot of time in DSLR progress. Still not an apple to apple comparison. Might was well compare the new Oly E620 to the 400D.

A March 2009 canon body vs. a March 2007 Oly body? 2 years is a lot of time in DSLR progress. Still not an apple to apple comparison. Might was well compare the new Oly E620 to the 400D.

Or the 5D to 500D. Eh. 5D still win. Comparison is pointless when there's no sensible common factor between the cameras in question.

Last edited:
Nikon is cheap as in bodies like the d80 and d90 a mid-range dslr it does come with weather sealing come on, canon is not so cheap like nikon. Canon has better processor and it's good and cheaper than nikon. Best, you're one of those amateurs

Nikon is cheap as in bodies like the d80 and d90 a mid-range dslr it does come with weather sealing come on, canon is not so cheap like nikon. Canon has better processor and it's good and cheaper than nikon. Best, you're one of those amateurs

Dude, you really have no idea what you're talking about, huh? D80 and D90 are not mid-range. The Nikon mid-range is the D300, which whoops the butt of the 40D.

40D may have weatherproofed the compartments, but the buttons are not weatherproofed. And the resolution on the 40D's screen is awful. We can truly see who was cheap there.

By opening your mouth the way you do and spouting garbage, you are only proving that you are the amateur here.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Every sentence has something to talk about :rolleyes:

This thread becomes quite entertaining...

Actually no i'm comparing the EOS 500D to the horribly acclamed Olympus.

500d is a 2009 product
E410 is from 2007 ?

its the same as comparing E620 with 400D,
result will in general be in favour of the model

haha, you made my day ...
good joke ...

seem like everyone have their own reason to support their brand..
for me, i m a olympus user. i need to talk something for Olympus.
First, body IS is the good things in Olympus, so that no matter what lens i use, it will hav d IS function.
Second, the olympus zuiko lens are ED lens, which will cost very expensive for canon n Nikon for the same ED lens. Whereas 1 bad things on Olympus is, it doesn't produce low cost lens like canon nikon 50mm F1.8. this is the main point i think will stop a new DSLR user to get Olympus.
Then for body's build quality wise, i believe you will get what u pay for. like 40D, D90, E30.
so dun compare with a entry-level body like E410, D60, 1000D.

If you are starting new and want the best quality, I would suggest to go for the D5000
You can go to
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/Image-Quality-Database/Nikon/D5000
and do a comparison with the other dslrs. D5000 simply has the highest score over the other dslrs you mentioned.

Also, I'm not sure about the pricing for d5000 in Singapore, but in Australia and US, the D90 only cost tiny bit more than D5000. You might want to consider that. With D90 you get better grip and AF compatibility with all nikkor lenses. The only thing better about d5000 is the tilt LCD I reckon.

I'm not pushing you to buy Nikon, because I use Canon myself.

Yes this is indeed funny.
Anyway, before you make any decision, go do some reading on more articles in the net:
- I can suggest dxomark.com for sensor capability
- the-digital-picture.com for canon lenses (any nikon & oly users care to share any site like this?). Check the ISO1223 crops to see how lenses perform.
- http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/ for users review (always good to check both user experience and the expert reviews for extra point of view)
- kenrockwell.com (just kidding)

I chose Canon because of the good prime lenses not because of the bodies. And now Im very tempted to get olympus ep-1 because of the size. I don't dare look into Nikon cause I already invested in Canon. But if a beginner ask me which camera body is the best to start, I can simply say the newer cropped Nikon. Ask me which system is the best, I say Hasselblad hehe.

Which ever combination u choose, it would be good to do some homework ie hands on feel of the equipment before making the investment. note that it is a system that u are choosing and also the type of lens and accessories that follows.
initial outlay is not large but its the follow up cost that hurts.

once the decision is made. its going to stay with u for the next 2-5 years.

my 2 cents opinion.

rdgs

think twice before you type!!
same as in my thread. -.-

you're probably just a canon fanboy.

He might be an expert just trying to have fun. Or maybe he's just a 15yro.
This world would be boring without their types

haha. i'm 18 this year!! :D
but seriously, he's too biased.
:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.