which DSC(digi stil cam) to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardwarez

i wanted sony p9 for $1000, so thats my budget

but i thought its 4 mp is not my type, so i wanted p7 so its anoter choice

then i looked at canon a40, which looks good too.

oluympus c700uz seem good, but only 2.0mpo and at a hefty price of 970, not really worth, but a choice

then i see the coolpix 885 also quite good leh...3.2 effective mp...

so how, anyone can choose for me?

SONY P9
SONY P7
CANON A40
OLYMUS C700UZ
COOLPIZ 885

which one?

oluympus c700uz seem good, but only 2.0mpo and at a hefty price of 970, not really worth, but a choice

SONY P9
SONY P7
CANON A40
OLYMUS C700UZ
COOLPIZ 885

which one?

Originally posted by Hardwarez

SONY P9
SONY P7
CANON A40
OLYMUS C700UZ
COOLPIZ 885

which one?

i think the mods will move this thread out of here...

anyway i am comtemplating between the following..

Sony P9
Sony P7
Canon G2
Nikon CoolPix 5000

reason for getting P7 and P9 is more like just wanna own a midrange digicam...

P9 and P7 do not support external flash and even if they do... they look weird... i will use it more for point and shoot rather than anything else...

Canon G2 and Nikon CP5000 for their expandability... teleconverter, macro rings, external flash and so on....

things for me to consider is budget... me just bought a house.. so a bit tight on budget...

P9 is abt 1000+
G2 is ard 1200 - 1300 but if get G2 then accessories will be the bulk of the spending...

it is a hard decision... but rest assure there are a lot of pple out there with choices to make like yours and mine...

Originally posted by Hardwarez

SONY P9
SONY P7
CANON A40
OLYMUS C700UZ
COOLPIZ 885

which one?

If i got 1k buget.. C700UZ would be my choice. Simply because it has a 10x optical which non of your other choices have. I'm using the A40 and i cant really fault it except its 3x optical, which is rather limiting.

when you buy a digital camera, don't just consider the resolution. the other features (image quality, lens, zoom, shooting modes, memory type, battery, etc) are usually as important if not more.

Get the C2100uz

Originally posted by mpenza
when you buy a digital camera, don't just consider the resolution. the other features (image quality, lens, zoom, shooting modes, memory type, battery, etc) are usually as important if not more.
actually i agree with mpenza, resolution is one of the most overrated aspects for consumer usage. after all, how often do you need to shoot a 5megiapixel photo? often i find that a 2mp camera is sufficient for most uses, and if u really need to shoot a image that can blow up to A3 size, then u're better off taking in a studio or getting a pro to do it.

just my 2 cents... :D

another one for your consideration is Canon Ixus 330 if you are looking for a chio looking DSC. I am using an A40 right now and am very happy with it :)

Originally posted by misato

If i got 1k buget.. C700UZ would be my choice. Simply because it has a 10x optical which non of your other choices have. I'm using the A40 and i cant really fault it except its 3x optical, which is rather limiting.

Or wait for the Olympus C-720Uz...the 3MP replacement model for the c-700UZ. The optical zoom is reduced to 8x though.....

Originally posted by Jayan

Or wait for the Olympus C-720Uz...the 3MP replacement model for the c-700UZ. The optical zoom is reduced to 8x though.....

wonder how much the C720 will be? if be very tempting if it is sub $800.

I have a coolpix 885 and i am very satisfied with it. But if u have the budget, go for 995. :)

I have merges the 2 threads by Hardwarez because of double post.

Thanks.

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.