Which dry cabinet to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlee383

Jun 9, 2008
Tampines
Don't know if I'm posting to the right topic, sorry if not. I just got my DSLR and heard that I should get a dry cabinet to protect it. Any advise on what to get and from where I can get a good price? Thx inadvance.

It is a sound advice when you are keeping the camera in a humid country like singapore.
It is like buying cheap insurance for your gear, and can reduce the probability of fungus germinating.

There are a few companies. DigiCabi is one very popular company
Price varies with the size of the dry cabinet ( in litres )

Ryan

Thx for the info. Had a look at the website and don't know which series to get. I don't have much equipment so maybe a small one like 30L might be enough, around how much does that costs?

You can try this link from tkfoto

Ryan

Since you have a DSLR (and not otherwise), I suggest you consider too the medium-sized cabinets -- the 60 litres, 70 litres or 80 litres; for for future expansion.

Thx for the info. Had a look at the website and don't know which series to get. I don't have much equipment so maybe a small one like 30L might be enough, around how much does that costs?

You can get it at Carrefour Suntec. DigiCabi AD-050 (50L) @ $158 with free delivery.

Saw it at John3:16 @ Funan, $90 or $99 Cash & Carry...:bsmilie:

Saw this dry cabinet...Toyo Living

Look good...and c/w UV light... some thing like that....

http://www.toyoliving.co.jp/individual/index.html
autodryed82cdalx6.jpg

Don't know SG have it or not...:dunno:

may i know what's the RH% level that i should keep my camera gears in?

Status
Not open for further replies.