which ditigal camera has the best low noise at low and high iso setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Lee

Deregistered
Dec 23, 2007
Hi

I am looking for a digicam that has the low noise throughout the iso range 100-3200.
your advise is appreciated. Thank me.

Only a DSLR has low noise to be usable at 3200 ISO. If you really want low noise up to 3200, Nikon D3 or Canon Mk 1ds series will be able to achieve it. If you can live with some noise at 3200, any recent DSLR will do.

If you are thinking about compact, dont try 3200(or even 1600) ISO on them .........

what about iso between 100 and 1600? Which digicam is the best in terms of low noise.

i know fuji f30fd is the king of low light photography. Any other brand and model to choose from?
[

QUOTE=Old Man Lee;3832395]Hi

I am looking for a digicam that has the low noise throughout the iso range 100-3200.
your advise is appreciated. Thank me.[/QUOTE]

You can't have the best of both worlds. Seriously.

Some people can tolerate certain noise levels, how about you? IMHO, most prosumers/digicompacts won't make it past 800 ISO. I read somewhere that even at 400, the pictures are not usable.

Canon S5IS was the first cam on my mind, Canon 400D was the choice I made. =)

what about iso between 100 and 1600? Which digicam is the best in terms of low noise.

i know fuji f30fd is the king of low light photography. Any other brand and model to choose from?

with Megapixel chase, I guess none, unless they use bigger sensor size--bigger than 1/1.7" used on the F30.

which mean you either get the a DSLR or find the F30 in 2nd hand market.

cause even fujifilm them shelve can't duplicate the F30 success.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf30/page6.asp

you want compact one ar,

you can go and dig up sony r1, this one has same sensor as dslr but is labelled as compact camera, although not very compact

otherwise can wait for sigma dp1 :bsmilie: :bsmilie: the price tag will own you though

i think f30 will always be the best.. it's a pity that fujifilm has stopped producing it, else i'd get it or the f20 to do more leisurely shooting

I hunted for the F31D for so long, and at last I found it in HV and also someone else have reserved for it but never come back to get it, so the HV sold it to me. I was so luckly to get one after searching so many places.

It really worth the $$ spend as the ISO 800 for low lights condition I still don't need to use flash and everything turn out nice.

Now I am trying to search for the waterproof casing for this F31D, if anyone of you guys know where I can find it, do let me know.

As far as i noe, my nikon D60 at ISO:1600 still produces good quality images.
;)

it has come to my knowledge that image enhancement software like neatimage can help to clean up noisy pictures. So having a noisy camera is not without hopes.

As far as i noe, my nikon D60 at ISO:1600 still produces good quality images.
;)

it has come to my knowledge that image enhancement software like neatimage can help to clean up noisy pictures. So having a noisy camera is not without hopes.

to a certain extent

and not usually without loss of detail. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.