Which Disposable Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCL

Jan 30, 2002
NE
Visit site
No $$$ to buy another DC with waterproof housing, so intend to buy one of these waterproof disposables for fun shooting during the swims with my son. Anybody has any experience with these?

The Kodak one comes with Kodak MAX 800 film ($16+ at Carrefour)
B000066HUG.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Fujifilm one comes with Fuji Superia XTRA 800 film ($18+ at Carrefour)
B00004TWM6.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Any idea where I can get them cheaper? May need a couple of them for a coming outdoor trip. (a pity they don't have waterproof ones with flash)

oops ... juz did a search and found a number of threads on this topic ... seems that the Fujifilm one is the preferred one?

any info on cheapest place to buy?

another question: any shop selling the B&W film versions of these disposables?

I have use the fuji one. If you did a search, I had shots of the beach at sunset and noon.

Happy shooting!

Note: take note of water droplets on the lens before shooting!

I have bought both for my trip this week.
Gosh!I've checked 'all' possible places except Carrefour!
I bought mine at $23.20 for the Fujifilm one, and the Kodak at $16.50.

If you check the price of the fujifilm one is selling at $18+ at carrefour, my assumption is, that is the cheapest price liaoz...

i know nothing about disposable cameras but i would buy the fuji one for one reason. i prefer fuji film. the kodak max 800 is really grainy. not good for me...

anyone has any idea how long one of those normal disposable cameras last?

Is there a time limit for me to finish the film?

Originally posted by djchris
anyone has any idea how long one of those normal disposable cameras last?

Is there a time limit for me to finish the film?

There should be a expiry date at the box. Should be the same as our normal film.

Lindy - Conclusion? Fujifilm better? can post some pics? :)

snowcrash - saw your shots ... pretty good! curious how many ok shots you got out of 27 exposures ...

djchris - I've seen B&W disposables selling on some websites. Yet to see in local stores.

Originally posted by HOCL
Lindy - Conclusion? Fujifilm better? can post some pics? :)

snowcrash - saw your shots ... pretty good! curious how many ok shots you got out of 27 exposures ...

djchris - I've seen B&W disposables selling on some websites. Yet to see in local stores.

not yet... i'm leaving tonight.
will scan next week?

there's a dive shop at concourse( beach road ) selling a resuable disposable camera that can goes to 85feet ( about 25m ).

it cost about $38.
shop name is wakiki. #01-???

basically it's like what kodak and fuji is offering but can go deeper and can reload new film(asa 800) + flash( on/off) + 2 aa batteries

my frd got it for a dive trip, i bought 1 recently for my trip this wkend.

Use the Kodak one before. Not bad. Quite robust consider the fact that it's only ment for 30ft but I bring it all the way down to 60ft. Sometimes even 70ft... :D

About 10-15 shots, and most is candids shot of me and my wife on the beach, swimming etc(so not posting on the net).

Fuji ISO 800 is very good and of course use a good lab to develop your film.

Originally posted by maxteo98
there's a dive shop at concourse( beach road ) selling a resuable disposable camera that can goes to 85feet ( about 25m ).

it cost about $38.
shop name is wakiki. #01-???

basically it's like what kodak and fuji is offering but can go deeper and can reload new film(asa 800) + flash( on/off) + 2 aa batteries

my frd got it for a dive trip, i bought 1 recently for my trip this wkend.

I saw one at Mustafa at abt the same price range, brand is sth like Fujiyama(???) or sth ... is that the one u have? Bright yellow and blue colour ...

pls feedback and post pics if possible after your trip ... ok?

Originally posted by Snowcrash
About 10-15 shots, and most is candids shot of me and my wife on the beach, swimming etc(so not posting on the net).

Fuji ISO 800 is very good and of course use a good lab to develop your film.

I suppose the rest are ruined by the limitations of the disposable camera (lens not sharp/bright etc)?

elloz...

got back my prints today...

apparently, i find the clarity of the pics taken by the kodak disposable underwater cam is better...
colors seems more saturated and vibrant..

but the fuji cam...colors are very greenish n faint...

I saw one at Mustafa at abt the same price range, brand is sth like Fujiyama(???) or sth ... is that the one u have? Bright yellow and blue colour ...

pls feedback and post pics if possible after your trip ... ok?

saw the 'fujiyama' at camera section at harvey norman...selling for $75(same price range meh?)! not too sure about the quality...but is a reusable cam...

Hi Lindy

Tks for the update. Surprise to hear your verdict. Any possibility that the lighting conditions are different when you use the two?

PS: The reusable "fujiyama" I saw at Mustafa is selling for abt $30+.

Status
Not open for further replies.