Which display profile to use for editing on MAC?

WindowSnap

Aug 31, 2006
Hi,

Recently i edited(mainly cloning) some photos on photoshop using mac. My colour profile then was LCD display on mac then, and everything looks perfectly fine. However, the cloning turns out to be quite bad when i change the setting to RGB 1998 (after my friend told me that photos looks bad, she's using PC). So, my question is will everything be fine when its printed out and what colour profile should i use during editing on MAC?

Really appreciate if someone could advise me on this. Thx

Hi,

Recently i edited(mainly cloning) some photos on photoshop using mac. My colour profile then was LCD display on mac then, and everything looks perfectly fine. However, the cloning turns out to be quite bad when i change the setting to RGB 1998 (after my friend told me that photos looks bad, she's using PC). So, my question is will everything be fine when its printed out and what colour profile should i use during editing on MAC?

Really appreciate if someone could advise me on this. Thx

If you did not calibrate your system, just stick with sRGB, you can't be too wrong with it for display purpose. Adobe RGB 1998 has gamut that most LCD displays are not capable of displaying.