Which digital compact will u buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz23

Jun 20, 2005
Bukit Panjang
www.pbase.com
Realised that recently, many people have been coming in asking for recommendation for digital compacts.

So, i decided to do a poll (actually I'm just bored lah :))

If u have time, please post ur reasons for choosing the compact :cheers:

I know this poll is in no way exhaustive. I tried to keep my choices in the same price range, and to choose only one from each major brand.

If ur favourite compact is not in the list, don't flame me hor :)

i am currently using FX8, it is good but FX9's function help me take better images, the only thing the price is still high

Well, I was making these considerations myself a week ago and I settled for the F11.

digital ixus :thumbsup:

All cameras listed are great. But you have to see what you want. To me, Ixus is cool and portable, Fuji's ensure good performance in low light with it's ISO, And Muju got weatherproof which i might need if i want to play in the rain.... hehee

I own DSC-S90 but will buy W7 if got more budget.

BIG LCD screen

leeter said:
All cameras listed are great. But you have to see what you want. To me, Ixus is cool and portable, Fuji's ensure good performance in low light with it's ISO, And Muju got weatherproof which i might need if i want to play in the rain.... hehee
I agree :) ... That's why I asked CSers to post their reasons for choosing the particular model if they have the time.

This will help those with similar needs to make a more informed choice ... hopefully :)

looking seriously into the sony t9 cuz of it's size and decent looking images. still unsure though, will have to try out a bunch of cameras >700$ in my hands to make a proper decision

I'd go for the Fuji FinePix F11, despite how brand loyal I am. :bsmilie:

The F11 is a real fighter in low light situations, and can churn out decent pictures even at high ISO settings.

The FX9 is good because of its image stabilizer.

The Canon A620 has manual functions, if I remember correctly, which can be a real plus for those who want to explore photography further.

Everything has its strength, but for sheer P&S use and to avoid horribly underexposed, non-flash indoor pictures, the F11 would be my choice.

idor said:
If my CFO agrees, I will go for Sony T7....

You after form factor? T7 is one and only in it's class man! :) But I decided to go for the T9 for image stabilizer and I prefer the LCD panel on the left. More natural for right hander like me :)

I got the mju 800. It's good in low light too! Only thing is at ISO 800 & 1600, the 8MP becomes 3MP... think it really sucks. But for snap shots, that's ok la. Weatherproof has proven useful in wetter conditions!

Status
Not open for further replies.