which digital camera to buy!?!??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobbiez

Nov 28, 2009
hi guys
i was considering buying a digital camera but i have no clue which to pick...My price range is about 200-300 and i have some choices.Would anyone kindly pick out which are the better ones and why?

Also theres another thing i would like to ask about...My friend has this camera A with a higher mp compared to camera B..But the pic camera B takes is clearer than camera A..So i dunno if its the brand or is there something else that leads to this?this is impt for me as i would like to choose a gd camera that can take great quality pics..not deceived by the specs...

choices
1.Panasonic Lumix ZR1/ZX1
panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/zr1_zx1/index.html

2.olympus fe-46
www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1468

3.olympus fe 5020
www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1465
well whats the diff in 2 and 3 basically i see the huge diff in price

4.Sony CyberShot W180
www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-w-series/dsc-w180

5.samsung es60
www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/camera/...AS/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=features

6.fujifilm finepix j27
www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/j/finepix_j27/

7.fujifilm finepix j250
www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/j/finepix_j250/

8.canon camera?no idea which is gd

hi guys
i was considering buying a digital camera but i have no clue which to pick...My price range is about 200-300 and i have some choices.Would anyone kindly pick out which are the better ones and why?

Also theres another thing i would like to ask about...My friend has this camera A with a higher mp compared to camera B..But the pic camera B takes is clearer than camera A..So i dunno if its the brand or is there something else that leads to this?this is impt for me as i would like to choose a gd camera that can take great quality pics..not deceived by the specs...

choices
1.Panasonic Lumix ZR1/ZX1
panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/zr1_zx1/index.html

2.olympus fe-46
www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1468

3.olympus fe 5020
www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1465
well whats the diff in 2 and 3 basically i see the huge diff in price

4.Sony CyberShot W180
www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-w-series/dsc-w180

5.samsung es60
www.samsung.com/ph/consumer/camera/...AS/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=features

6.fujifilm finepix j27
www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/j/finepix_j27/

7.fujifilm finepix j250
www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/j/finepix_j250/

8.canon camera?no idea which is gd

the panasonic ZR1 is beyond your price range. retailing at $400-500.

the panasonic LZ10 is retailing for less than $200, though.

Key word pixel density. The more pixel per area the more noise. So compare the size of the sensor and the amount of megapixels. Google for image noise to find the detailed explanation. In addition, please do yourself a favour and read up the existing threads in Newbies Corner - Articles and Guides. There are some very good ones focusing on compacts and prosumers.

also search about "THE MYTH OF THE MEGAPIXEL"

to understand why more megapixels doesn't mean better image quality.

ur budget is a little low for most new canon cameras...esp the newer ixus..

Status
Not open for further replies.