Which Digital Cam to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icoX

Mar 11, 2006
Hi, planning to buy a digitial cam at the IT show,i'm new to photograhy and would like to try out. I am in a lost on which cam should i buy, budget from $300-$400. I have come up with a list below within my budget.

Canon PowerShot A530 - 5mp
Nikon Coolpix L3 - 5.1mp
Olympus FE-150 - 5mp
Pentax Optio E10 - 6mp
Samsung Digimax S500 - 5.1mp
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S600 - 6mp

Which is the best? Prefer to have clear shots and good night shots.

Thanks

icoX said:
Hi, planning to buy a digitial cam at the IT show,i'm new to photograhy and would like to try out. I am in a lost on which cam should i buy, budget from $300-$400. I have come up with a list below within my budget.

Canon PowerShot A530 - 5mp
Nikon Coolpix L3 - 5.1mp
Olympus FE-150 - 5mp
Pentax Optio E10 - 6mp
Samsung Digimax S500 - 5.1mp
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S600 - 6mp

Which is the best? Prefer to have clear shots and good night shots.

Thanks

Buy those in Buy & Sell forum first, will be within your budget and for you to try out shooting with digicams.

After you got the kick out of photography with it, then you go and buy a new one. By then, you will know what you want.

And then, you sell the camera back in Buy & Sell, for the next "new-to-photography" guy. Cheaper, of course!;)

Cheers
Max 2.8
PS: This goes out to all those who are new to photography!

Snoweagle said:
A530 :thumbsup:

erm,may i know why you choose this over others? what do you all actually look for when buying cam?

Max 2.8 said:
Buy those in Buy & Sell forum first, will be within your budget and for you to try out shooting with digicams.

After you got the kick out of photography with it, then you go and buy a new one. By then, you will know what you want.

And then, you sell the camera back in Buy & Sell, for the next "new-to-photography" guy. Cheaper, of course!;)

Cheers
Max 2.8
PS: This goes out to all those who are new to photography!

Thanks for the idea, but i would prefer to buy a new one.

icoX said:
erm,may i know why you choose this over others? what do you all actually look for when buying cam?

Gd manual functions, higher ISO up to 800, better wide aperture at wide end (f2.6), more scene modes, Digic-II and most imptly....it's a Canon. Its powershot series are proven to be very gd.

For more info, click http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_a530.asp

hi, just brought the cam, Thanks all for the help! :)

oh, and one more thing, is a dry box really necessary? :dunno:

icoX said:
hi, just brought the cam, Thanks all for the help! :)

oh, and one more thing, is a dry box really necessary? :dunno:

U bought the A530?

Yes a dry box is really good but usually better for SLRs and their relative lens. For small poin-and-shoots, i'll put it in a ziploc bag and then make a small packet and fill it with silica gel. Change the silica gel once it turns pale pink.

Snoweagle said:
U bought the A530?

Yes a dry box is really good but usually better for SLRs and their relative lens. For small poin-and-shoots, i'll put it in a ziploc bag and then make a small packet and fill it with silica gel. Change the silica gel once it turns pale pink.

yeah, hmm, is it ok if i just left it in the cam pouch when not in use?

icoX said:
yeah, hmm, is it ok if i just left it in the cam pouch when not in use?

Can also...that's what i do to my SLR and my equipment. I just put it inside the camera bag. But do it unless you seldom take pics, so this is only applicable when u use it often.

Snoweagle said:
Can also...that's what i do to my SLR and my equipment. I just put it inside the camera bag. But do it unless you seldom take pics, so this is only applicable when u use it often.

IcIc,okok, thanks! ;)

hi Icox,

how do u find Canon A530? pics quality? how abt the nighshots pics? any drawbacks overall?
pls tell me more as i'm planning to buy this cam. thanks in advance

how is the A540 and A700 compared with this A530 ... which is better value for money ???

is the A700 out .. seems good ..

u think A700 better than the A540 / A 620 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.