Which digicam brand/model good for night shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueycool

Oct 30, 2007
Hi, I am a newbie to this forum and photography. Any recommended point n shoot digicam brand/model for night shots (night scenary, fireworks etc)? Preferably at least 6MP, with image stablization and price ard $500.. Considering Sony T20, good? Sony T series or Canon Ixus series better? :) Thanks..

almost no PnS is good for night photography. I suggest at least a prosumer range, like the Sony H series or the Canon G series.

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum and photography. Any recommended point n shoot digicam brand/model for night shots (night scenary, fireworks etc)? Preferably at least 6MP, with image stablization and price ard $500.. Considering Sony T20, good? Sony T series or Canon Ixus series better? :) Thanks..

Hi blueycool,

Welcome to CS.

Like what bro Rashkae said almost no PnS is good for night shots. The only better one I could think off is probably the Fuji F series.

hmm fuji F31d?
or maybe you can try getting a PnS with manual controls
use a tripod as well,will get better results

Hmm, what is the main deciding feature in a prosumer cam for good night shots? Which feature of Fuji f series is good for tat? PnS with manual controls for wat features? optical image stabiliser and high sensitivity shooting up to ISO3200 not adequate for night shots?

Sorry for asking so many questions, as I'm new in these stuff.. With budget of ard $500, I hope to buy a compact digicam, one tat is easy to take nice night shots (river, lighted buildings, streets, fireworks etc) without lugging tripod. Thanks a lot!!

For night shots, a tripod is recommended. If you do not want to use a tripod, then you will need to bump the ISO which will give you grainy pictures. In order to get decent pictures with lower ISO, cameras with image stabiliser will help but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.